GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just wanted to take a second to say hello...

PzKpfw MKVI

I would just like to take a second and say hello to every one in the Golf R forum. Its been a long nine months and a very bumpy road for me with VW. I'm about six hours away from exchanging my 2012 CW lemon GTI for a brand new 2013 fully loaded rising blue R. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out with VWONA.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
What is/was wrong with your GTI?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OH HAI.

welcome!

PzKpfw MKVI

What is/was wrong with your GTI?

Its a long ass story, but it boils down to damage to the car via the service tech that was driving the car home to "Test it" or when it was at the shop as well as rattles all over the interior of the cabin. I knew about the possibility of them before I got the car and looked at several of them before I found a car that was rattle free. Got the car and about a month into it rattles started to show up. So after 140+ days of in the shop, 3 headliners two B pillars, one A pillar, one passenger vent ducting, and one over head console later. I threw in the towel, when the shop said that they had no idea and I was told by VW due to the warranty claim I could not go to a different shop and have it warrantied, it had to be fixed by the shop that damaged the car.

So with that sob story VW stepped up to the plate and is working to make it right. The came in this week and not all that is left is to look at the car with a fine tooth comb and do the exchange and then head home to crash....I have been up and working way to long.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Your car spent 140 days in the shop due to rattles... jebus, I hope the new one is better.

PzKpfw MKVI

Your car spent 140 days in the shop due to rattles... jebus, I hope the new one is better.

Me too, one the other hand I don't think that it was in the shop for that long, they would go weeks with out calling me and there was times I would drive by and it would just be parked in there side lot. Not mention when I would test drive the car it would have three inches of leaves and seagull crap all over it several times. I think they just gave up on it and just let it sit, hell the bill for them was over 8k in parts and labor plus the 5k+ I put on their brand new loner.