GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
how or where did you get your color matched side markers !

Just have to find a paint & body shop willing to do it. Easiest thing to do is take them out yourself, bring the paint code, and you eventually find someone that will do it for $20.

Unfortunately the shop that did mine likes to remain anonymous for legal reasons.

Sent from my T-Mobile Vibrant using Tapatalk Pro

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
u put a new suspension on your car?from the back it s seem to be very low

I wish...I think the splash guards and the angle of the pic make it appear that way. That is the only reason I am keeping the guards on for now. Once I drop the car the guards will come off.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
looks good :thumbsup:

Lawrelwill

I bought mine the week before Thanksgiving from David Maus North. Went in today to get the roofrack. Did you remove the dealer logo or just ask then not to put it on?

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
What kind of phone holder is that? do they make one to Fit the Droid X?

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I bought mine the week before Thanksgiving from David Maus North. Went in today to get the roofrack. Did you remove the dealer logo or just ask then not to put it on?

Congrats on your purchase. They didn't have time to put a logo on my car since I picked a color that was not on either lot. I never buy the car that I first test drive because I usually beat the crap out of it before its recommended break-in period. I almost walked on them and they let me test drive the car one more time without the salesperson which was probably the funniest test drive I ever had.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Todd tinted your windows? I think I'm gonna have to go darker than 15%
I was going to go through Todd but my tint guy finally got a hold of me. He had a family emergency that took him out of town for a few weeks. Still appreciate the referral...thanks.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
and not trying to hate but are you sure that is 20%? that looks incredibly light for 20%. it looks like 30
At first I thought the same thing but when I compared it to my friend who has 30 it was darker than his. My wife has 20 and it looks like mine. I guess for me coming from 5 my eyes didn't adjust right away.