GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DHS takes Land Rover

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
At his house. He bought it from another private seller he's like the 3rd owner.

What's the back story? Fake VIN's? Black market import? DHS doesn't just show up at your house. There's gotta be a big reason no?

JdR32

Over Engineering Rules!
What's the back story? Fake VIN's? Black market import? DHS doesn't just show up at your house. There's gotta be a big reason no?

So the back story is this guy Aaron Richardet was running an import gig. He was shipping in newer rovers made in 2000. He was then putting older vins on them to take advantage of the 25yr and older rule for importing vehicles. Needless to say all the current owners are getting there defenders taken.

Also my buddy is on a land rover forum and knows of three other ones seized today.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So the back story is this guy Aaron Richardet was running an import gig. He was shipping in newer rovers made in 2000. He was then putting older vins on them to take advantage of the 25yr and older rule for importing vehicles. Needless to say all the current owners are getting there defenders taken.

Also my buddy is on a land rover forum and knows of three other ones seized today.

Oh damn! Yeah, that's a problem lol.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I only recently heard of this kind of scheme - seems to be pretty popular apparently.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
That sucks... i fucking love rovers. but to me it isn't worth the legal hassle of buying one that isn't legit. did your friend know it wasn't a legit import? i hope it doesn't end up like that one that got crushed like 2 years ago.

JdR32

Over Engineering Rules!
That sucks... i fucking love rovers. but to me it isn't worth the legal hassle of buying one that isn't legit. did your friend know it wasn't a legit import? i hope it doesn't end up like that one that got crushed like 2 years ago.

He didn't buy it from the importer he bought it from another private seller.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Same thing happened to the R33 and R34. Things just got picked up and crushed. No forgiveness, no remourse.

butchered by autocorrecr