GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aristos on a Mk6?

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I came across this pic in my searching. Anyone know who's car this is? It looks like he found an Aristo rep with a better offset.

Those look great! Why not look at O.Z.s instead if you can't find these in a decent offset. Supertourismo GTs or LMs would give you a very similar look. Not OEM, but you were looking for reps anyways.

These look similar as well... canadian rep supplier
http://www.rwcwheels.com/
click on VW then VW20

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've considered the Superturismios too (particularly the LM's) but there's just something about the look of the Aristos that I prefer.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Did you check out the link?... they have a rep that is 18x8 et 45.

Oh, I missed that link the first time. Thanks for digging it up. I wonder if those prices are CDN? $293/wheel is pricey for reps. At that price I would most likely lean towards the OZ's, especially factoring in shipping costs from Canada. If I was going to buy reps, I was hoping to find them in the $500/set price range like powerwheelspro. That would be a big factor in choosing reps over brand name quality wheels like Oz.

Edit: Just ran a currency converter and even if the $293 is Canadian, right now that would still be $282 US. Definitely pricey for reps!

Last edited:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Oh, I missed that link the first time. Thanks for digging it up. I wonder if those prices are CDN? $293/wheel is pricey for reps. At that price I would most likely lean towards the OZ's, especially factoring in shipping costs from Canada. If I was going to buy reps, I was hoping to find them in the $500/set price range like powerwheelspro. That would be a big factor in choosing reps over brand name quality wheels like Oz.

Edit: Just ran a currency converter and even if the $293 is Canadian, right now that would still be $282 US. Definitely pricey for reps!

Well, I would call them up and see what you can do for you. My brother used to be able to get sets from them in the 600-700 dollar range. They may negotiate with you. Anyways.. interested to see if you can find a set.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
First mk6 jetta i've seen on aristos
Reps are tempting at $450 even with et35, although I wonder if they'd rub the fenders.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Well I'm on 18x8 et 35 with 225/40 tires, lowered on h&r sports, 5mm spacers in the rear. Rolled the fenders all the way around and i rub in the rears every now and then. I'd think they'd be fine as long as your roll your fenders

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
Well I'm on 18x8 et 35 with 225/40 tires, lowered on h&r sports, 5mm spacers in the rear. Rolled the fenders all the way around and i rub in the rears every now and then. I'd think they'd be fine as long as your roll your fenders

Thanks, I'm still stock and trying to fight the mod bug. If I start modding I know I won't stop, again. :D

Wudstock22

Bringing this back from the dead to see if anyone knows of an Aristo rep with a less aggressive offset. Going to pull the trigger on some wheels, but at et35 I'm not sure I make that happen.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Bringing this back from the dead to see if anyone knows of an Aristo rep with a less aggressive offset. Going to pull the trigger on some wheels, but at et35 I'm not sure I make that happen.

What's the width? Power wheels pro is who I assume your going through and they only make them in 18x8. So that's not really that aggressive

Wudstock22

What's the width? Power wheels pro is who I assume your going through and they only make them in 18x8. So that's not really that aggressive

Yeah, they are the 18x8 et 35 ones from Power Wheels Pro, but I am on stock suspension. My concern is that with the wheel gap, my tires will poke out too far, as chronicled in this thread. Admittedly, I don't know much about what the offset actually does, I am just at the understanding that the lower the number, the more aggressive the setup is.

ColesMk6

Ready to race!
I came across this pic in my searching. Anyone know who's car this is? It looks like he found an Aristo rep with a better offset.

my god this is perfect