GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Feeler - AWD swap parts I have stocked up for the MKV, will go to a good cause (mk6). Good trans case 40k miles AWD DQ250 with T-case and wacetrac (you would need to swap in your DSG gear set, was going to do this on my mkv [clutch packs are good still], would come with new clutch cover), rear subframe and knuckles with basically new bearings and abs sensors, bracket to the engine for tcase, passenger front axle new within 500miles, rear axles (one is no good you can possibly rebuild it or use it as a core, outers cv is no good), ABS module, cross over brake line (brand new), I have the driveshaft brackets for the tunnel as well (brand new).

What you would need - Haldex, drive shaft, one rear axle, gas tank and pump, should be able to get all of that for ~$1k.

I am figuring no mech unit with the trans at the moment but we can talk, it will only work properly on Unitronic stg3 engine software so you can swap you mech unit in or swap to Uni or w/e we can work out the final details.

Buy this and I will help code and wire (diagrams etc).

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Feeler - AWD swap parts I have stocked up for the MKV, will go to a good cause (mk6). Good trans case 40k miles AWD DQ250 with T-case and wacetrac (you would need to swap in your DSG gear set, was going to do this on my mkv [clutch packs are good still], would come with new clutch cover), rear subframe and knuckles with basically new bearings and abs sensors, bracket to the engine for tcase, passenger front axle new within 500miles, rear axles (one is no good you can possibly rebuild it or use it as a core, outers cv is no good), ABS module, cross over brake line (brand new), I have the driveshaft brackets for the tunnel as well (brand new).

What you would need - Haldex, drive shaft, one rear axle, gas tank and pump, should be able to get all of that for ~$1k.

I am figuring no mech unit with the trans at the moment but we can talk, it will only work properly on Unitronic stg3 engine software so you can swap you mech unit in or swap to Uni or w/e we can work out the final details.

Buy this and I will help code and wire (diagrams etc).

I want this so bad! No way I can afford this and BT over the winter though :-( GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
make sure you do an awd compatible kit if you want awd

Thanks! At the moment I'm not planning on going AWD but I do want to. I think I'm going to stop at LSD and BT then pick up the MK8 R and start playing with it. But buying parts that come with coding help makes it an appealing idea [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Alot of updates -

kern417

Go Kart Champion
that is way cleaner than mine. i literally just removed the baffle and ran all my wiring through the big open hole. i may try something similar next winter just to clean it all up.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Updates since I have been really terrible at this -

Installed -
1. I'Abed oil cooler plate and using a tstat for a true divorced oil cooler
2. FFE Racing vacuum pump delete installed
3. I'Abed coolant flange modified to fit cbfa
4. Converting to AN for heater core, oem fittings melted
5. Rubber driveshaft joint replaced
6. Progress on wiring harness, firewall bulkhead is complete and body harness is done next ecu to body and the ecu to engine harnesses

Last edited:

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
So what can you do to beef up the DSG? Or will you do something different like a 7speed dsg from a rs3? Thats one of the reasons why HPA's 700hp R's use em is because of the power they can handle. Very interested because im also on the fence about awd swapping and wondering how much the dsg, haldex, etc can handle

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
All good projects come to a head at some point, would be willing to part my full car. There are a few items I may hold onto for a few but just about everything is up for grabs. Including fueling parts also have a set of cams currently in for a regrind so if someone wants lets talk and we can work out a change of hands on that.

I will need to have committed buyers for a certain dollar mount with deposits before I go into a full part. but basically if engine, trans and turbo kit go (or any combo of the 2 it will happen).

Or just buy the whole car done and working and cheaper than you can do it lol.

PM me for details please, more you buy we can work out packages

Engine - Proven to over 550tq and over 600hp, 50k on it, 180 compression all across (1-2 psi deviation that's it!), Iabed rear main seal, IE Rods, Farrea +1mm valves, Farrea TI springs and retainers, Vacuum pump delete. Complete long block would come with a brand new timing refresh kit all guides and chains and tensioners and tool kit to install, no oil cooler, no oil pan, no pcv, no fueling all will be separate.

Turbo kit - Complete 6062 gen2 twin scroll kit, all piping, IC and intake, Synapse DV valve w/ boost tap and AN lines to fit, down pipe, Twin MVS Tial gates and Swain Tech coated. Clears all awd and fwd setups. Turbo is new less that 4k on it and maybe 15 passes on the track. Oil lines includes and steel oil pan. Includes AN boost controller lines also.

Trans - Full DQ500 AWD swap with external cooling, Trans, axles, engine bracket, starter, flywheel for 8 bolt (if you have 6 bolt I can get you a flywheel that will work) Mocal external pump with AN lines and temp controlled relay for turn on and off, and shifter. This is the shorter gearing, TTRS is longer this trans is faster. We still hit over 200mph on the dyno in 6th. DQ500 also has real LC. Tune will be OEM, we can talk upon purchase and setup with a UNI tune if desired.

Fuel - Uni injectors with Uni beta HPFP and line and modified fuel rail, hard line across engine included

Catch can with pcv

Divorced oil cooler kit

Fluidamper

Billet machined oil pan

Vacuum pump

Harness you would need to work it out but ill provide what I have for diagram/list.

Water meth kit aquamist HFS-4 with DPI and intake manifold

Bigger TB - $100 buy that right away

AWD swap interior and more