GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boosting issues

burnsbp

Hello all I just tuned my car with Cobb to stage two with an off the shelf tune. I’m getting the code p0299 which is turbo under boost? I’ve been reading how much boost I’m making and I peak at around 16 to 17 pounds. That seems normal because I do live in Colorado. I’m not sure what the issue can be. The car drives fine no limp mode or anything. I do have a forge blow off and it’s pretty new so I’m not sure if that could the problem becaue a lot of people point to the dv as a fix

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
The bov should have nothing to do with it. Have you checked the valve and the spring inside? Made sure it's tight? Checked for boost leaks? Are you running the full BOV set up with the solenoid and all that?

burnsbp

It was a direct replacement for my oem dv. So I flashed the car back to stock cleared the codes and the cel doesn’t pop up. Seems to only happen on the stage 2 tune. And I’m not sure if I can pressure test i️t. Can you do that from an access port?

Laimface

Ready to race!
You can display requested boost and actual boost. My guessing is that you have a boost leak that shows itself higher than stock boost, so you'd only see the problem when on stage 2.

Go around your boost clamps with a screwdriver and tighten them all for a start!

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
It was a direct replacement for my oem dv. So I flashed the car back to stock cleared the codes and the cel doesn’t pop up. Seems to only happen on the stage 2 tune. And I’m not sure if I can pressure test i️t. Can you do that from an access port?

Someone might be able to tell from your logs, but, no, you cannot pressure test it from an access port lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my friend had a Forge BOV on his apr stage 2 and started getting that code. He swapped it back to a stock Rev D and no longer gets the code.

You could try that if you wanted?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
my friend had a Forge BOV on his apr stage 2 and started getting that code. He swapped it back to a stock Rev D and no longer gets the code.

You could try that if you wanted?

I often hear about this, but are people using the solenoid that cones with the kit or are they just installing it and going? It can't work off of just vacuum... I've already asked since all the giac cars that ran fast times are other running the forge BOV's

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Make sure you're not using the OTS tune that is made for the Cobb BigSF intake. They are made for cars with a larger (3") maf housing instead of the stock size (2.25"?). When I put my BigSF on and used a tune not meant for it it threw all sorts of codes.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I often hear about this, but are people using the solenoid that cones with the kit or are they just installing it and going? It can't work off of just vacuum... I've already asked since all the giac cars that ran fast times are other running the forge BOV's
I dunno we live in Florida and a mutual friend is friends with the guys at forge so they installed for him at their warehouse
so i would assume they would install it correctly?

burnsbp

Hey guys so I do believe it’s just the tune doesn’t like my bov. I am using the ots tune that is for the stock maf as I’m using the cts intake that uses the stock maf. I would switch h back to my stock dv but it’s busted. All though code will not throw at all when in stock tune. Perhaps if I just switch to a dv spacer the issue might fix. Probably just going to have to wait to get a real tune and just have to deal with clearing that code for now

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
do not use a DV spacer at all.