GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stolen!

Wow that's pretty nuts! There's definitely the possibility that it could be an inside job, especially if the wheels had locks on them. I'm not sure how many variations of the wheel lock keys there are but I would imagine that the car came with locks.

When i lost my key the dealership had 4 boxes of 30 keys each. Took about 25 min to find the right one.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
That's because they were unorganized. There is 1 box of 20 locks for the current stuff, 12 of the square tooth locks, and 9 of the pointy teeth locks used before those. (touareg ones are differnt as they have bigger lugs) It shouldn't take more that a minute or 2 to match up the lock.

That's because they were unorganized. There is 1 box of 20 locks for the current stuff, 12 of the square tooth locks, and 9 of the pointy teeth locks used before those. (touareg ones are differnt as they have bigger lugs) It shouldn't take more that a minute or 2 to match up the lock.

Yep. BMW only has one box of about 25 (new squiggly oval type) and a box of the old 12 point star locks.

Stevec717

Ready to race!
who would chance getting caught for theft over those wheels...

Problem is you're thinking as a LOGICAL person, not a dope starved crackhead.

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
with brand new tires? hell naw.. more like $600-$800..

haha guess you didnt understand it was a lowballl offer lol

lennonjon

Passed Driver's Ed
How? Dont Detroit's have wheel locks?

Wheel locks are more like ward locks (i.e. skeleton key locks). They are a deterrence and stop most people, but are not that difficult to remove if you know what you are doing.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Dealers get wheels stolen all the time, rarely inside job.

Back in NJ I had heard of a crew who would basically take orders then one night just go hit a bunch of dealers. They would start by going to a uhaul location and stealing the keys from the night drop box take a van/truck whatever. They would then go to a construction site steal a bunch of materials to sell as well as cinder blocks. Then they would head to the dealer and take the wheels leaving the car on the stolen cinder blocks.

This was late 90s but I'm guessing the same still goes on all over.

My father owns a Hyundai dealership... in July about 5 of the dealers on the strip, including his, got hit. Total of like 12 cars from 5 dealers were missing rims.

Excel_GTI

Ready to race!
My father owns a Hyundai dealership... in July about 5 of the dealers on the strip, including his, got hit. Total of like 12 cars from 5 dealers were missing rims.

Im surprised your not rolling around in a Genesis Coupe :lol:. Jk but those cars are not bad for the price you pay.