GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR & MK6 Anyone

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,
You might have read my post approx 2 months ago regarding my Stage 2 APR MK6. CEL plus flashing EPC and battery light also "Service Engine Now". I have called APR directly they supposedly test my ecu and it was fine! YET i still have no car. And the VDUB techs miss diagnosed my car. I'm at my wits end with this. Anyone else experience this yet?

I can't wait to get my vdub back! Its getting traded for a MazdaSpeed3 (Zoom Zoom Boom baby) maybe it could handle a mod better, than the POS I'm paying for that doesn't even crank!

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Have fun with the torque steer. Your better off getting a WRX or shit...even a Si would be better than a speed3. Mazda motors are poop.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So what were the codes?

You modded it, the mods then caused issues. Now you label it a POS and get another car?! What makes you think the other car won't have any issues once you fuck with it.

That makes no sense.

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
@Maxtdi: I Know for a fact a Civic Si turbo would def handled the simple mods I had on my vehicle. All I am running is APR Stage 2, BB Complete System with Downpipe 4" Round Tips, O2 spacer, Modshack VDTA Intake. But I did say " maybe it could handle a mod better". I'm probably gonna keep the car, I'm just stupid frustrated and pissed!

Dealer read the codes and stated the "ECU was grounded out due to the protective tape not being replaced on it after modding it."

Sorry for Offending U.

@JoeVDUB I agree I would prefer a STi AWD.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like whoever did your tune, screwed it up. Its not the cars or APRs fault ;)

Hope you won't have any more issues!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like whoever did your tune, screwed it up. Its not the cars or APRs fault ;)

Hope you won't have any more issues!

Same. There have been a few threads here where shops have had issues when they open up the ECU to "unlock" it.

I personally had this happen BUT the shop where my installation was done figured it out within a day and went above and beyond to make sure everything was fixed and running properly.

It's not APRs fault. Sometimes even the best tuner shops can make a mistake. It sucks but APR will be able to help you and once the car is up and running you'll feel better.

I went through a bunch of choices before I got my GTi. For what it is and what you get it's a good balance for a DD, fuel economy, quick car as you will get.

edit: Also APR has proven time and time again to help take care of these types of issues. No matter what car you get you tinker things will happen. Even on a Civic you will now be adding a turbo charger to a car that comes NA and has the compression for NA. There are a lot more tuning companies doing it and giving you options and personally I dislike the whole VAG thing. But there are issues with a Civic too.

Link

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,
You might have read my post approx 2 months ago regarding my Stage 2 APR MK6. CEL plus flashing EPC and battery light also "Service Engine Now". I have called APR directly they supposedly test my ecu and it was fine! YET i still have no car. And the VDUB techs miss diagnosed my car. I'm at my wits end with this. Anyone else experience this yet?

I can't wait to get my vdub back! Its getting traded for a MazdaSpeed3 (Zoom Zoom Boom baby) maybe it could handle a mod better, than the POS I'm paying for that doesn't even crank!

Cause once you own a mazda, all your troubles go away...

Candy11

Ready to race!
You should just buy an rx8 instead. I am sure there are a few still on the lot. Then go and buy a barrel of motor oil, a case of seafoam, and maybe a spare motor to while you are at. You should be good to go for about 50k.... Why does everyone point the finger at the people that make the programs first...

djmslash

Ready to race!
for the amount of hp/tq u get with speed3 is pretty good but the inside of those are just shitty, theres problems with every car you gonna get. German engineering is pretty good, but good luck with w/e you do

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Cause once you own a mazda, all your troubles go away...

I said "maybe it could handle a mod!" + I did add a bit of sarcasm on the comment with (ZOOM ZOOM BOOM) most Mazda owners I know snarl at me when I say that. It's not that serious of a comment! I'm just pissed my First GERMAN engineered car and I have this problem this extravagant issue! Sorry for being Frustrated people! WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

@Rotaryknight thanks for understanding my point of view. It sucks I have not had my car for two months and two days. LMFAO I even went on a vacation to FL. expecting to come back to good news. FAILED!!!

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
You should just buy an rx8 instead. I am sure there are a few still on the lot. Then go and buy a barrel of motor oil, a case of seafoam, and maybe a spare motor to while you are at. You should be good to go for about 50k.... Why does everyone point the finger at the people that make the programs first...

I didn't blame APR at all until my stealership said my ECU grounded out! Their name wasn't even on my mind at that time. My car doesn't even have 9k on it yet, so I thought it was a VDuB defect. I never thought it would have been APR until they said it was modded and grounded out.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I didn't blame APR at all until my stealership said my ECU grounded out! Their name wasn't even on my mind at that time. My car doesn't even have 9k on it yet, so I thought it was a VDuB defect. I never thought it would have been APR until they said it was modded and grounded out.

Once again, tuner's fault not APR. They did not crack your ECU open, the shop did. APR made the software. Cool down and chill out before you spew more nonsense.

Work with your shop ans get them to fix. If they don't then reach out to APR and they will set the shop straight. However, this rage isn't going to get anyone to want to bend over backwards to help you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Once again, tuner's fault not APR. They did not crack your ECU open, the shop did. APR made the software. Cool down and chill out before you spew more nonsense.

Work with your shop ans get them to fix. If they don't then reach out to APR and they will set the shop straight. However, this rage isn't going to get anyone to want to bend over backwards to help you.

@NOLA-Ron I'm not spewing nonsense! I was working with Evan at APR, sir. As I said I had called them directly. I did this after not having my car a month and a half!
Is this nonsense .Yes indeed I think it is that I don't have my damn car I pay for. Also in my first post I asked if anyone has had this issue!
Then one person with actual in-site answered. If you have nothing to contribute to getting my car back don't comment. I have been working with the shop every day I ran out of idea's to give them. I already said i posted out of frustration. No need to beat a dead horse! Lastly I stated above APR said my ECU is fine and is in working order!

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
@NOLA-Ron I'm not spewing nonsense! I was working with Evan at APR, sir. As I said I had called them directly. I did this after not having my car a month and a half!
Is this nonsense .Yes indeed I think it is that I don't have my damn car I pay for. Also in my first post I asked if anyone has had this issue!
Then one person with actual in-site answered. If you have nothing to contribute to getting my car back don't comment. I have been working with the shop every day I ran out of idea's to give them. I already said i posted out of frustration. No need to beat a dead horse! Lastly I stated above APR said my ECU is fine and is in working order!

I did contribute. If first paragraph wasn't enough contribution the 2nd for sure was.

If APR tested your ECU personally. Re-read NOT YOUR tuner, then your dealer is BSing you. APR stands behind their products and has proven to correct tuner mistakes. take it to another dealer, preferably tuner friendly and see what they say. if APR hasn't personally inspected the ECU then arrange to have it sent to them overnight. Should get it back in 3 days.

Swoope

Ready to race!

bad news.

traded in my 10 ms3 for the 12 gti..

no tuning for the ms3 unless you are in a grand am team..

the ms3 is a very good car. lots of cool stuff..

right now after ~35k with a ms3 and the gti it is a wash. not sure who is the winner..

beers