GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR & MK6 Anyone

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
I did contribute. If first paragraph wasn't enough contribution the 2nd for sure was.

If APR tested your ECU personally. Re-read NOT YOUR tuner, then your dealer is BSing you. APR stands behind their products and has proven to correct tuner mistakes. take it to another dealer, preferably tuner friendly and see what they say. if APR hasn't personally inspected the ECU then arrange to have it sent to them overnight. Should get it back in 3 days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is more of a contribution to my issue NOLA-Ron but as stated APR did say my ECU is fine. I went down this road already.

I guess I need to bring it to a performance shop and a different stealership in Northern NJ that knows what they are doing. The two that I have seem to not have a clue whats going on Performance Shop: Drive Auto Works & Stealership: Three County VolksWagen. Can anyone recommend a better shop or dealer?

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused now...the dealer says your ECU is bad, but APR tested your ECU and it's fine? I'd personally take APR's word over a dealership any day. Sounds like there's something else wrong with your car. Where is your car at? I'd start digging around tryin to figure out what exactly is wrong or take it to a different shop. Just remember though, you gotta pay to play.

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm confused now...the dealer says your ECU is bad, but APR tested your ECU and it's fine? I'd personally take APR's word over a dealership any day. Sounds like there's something else wrong with your car. Where is your car at? I'd start digging around tryin to figure out what exactly is wrong or take it to a different shop. Just remember though, you gotta pay to play.

@JoeVDUB I was confused myself on this same topic.
I am leaning with believing what APR says. I think I have to bring it to a different shop, because I'm being BS'ed. The excuse I got today was dun dun dun "the flatbed broke." My car was supposed to be at the tuning shop on friday then saturday morning now I get this news today. I really can pick them! I guess there's only one Towing company and only 1 flatbed in this world!

It's crazy but I would so recommend APR screen their shops before they list their resellers. Also they should email the customers and see if everything is ok with their cars after a tune/flash/reprogram. Also ask how was your experience was, with the shop you dealt with. They are slacking on the costumer follow up. I called them personally and I was expecting a call back asking if my issue was resolved?!

I don't have an issue with PAYING to play. If the techs could actually diagnose my car correctly, they say I have to spend 2100 on a ECM but APR say my ECM is fine, so do I pay (if i do pay I'm not going APR again and I will trade in this car)?
Is there a recommended tuning shop for Northern Jersey? I need my car It's been 2 months and 4 days now.

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,
I just wanted to let my fellow posters know I finally received my car back, 3 month to the day Friday 5/25/2012! Bought a new computer which is still stock.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,
I just wanted to let my fellow posters know I finally received my car back, 3 month to the day Friday 5/25/2012! Bought a new computer which is still stock.

So, how was your problem finally resolved, and by whom? I read 2 pages of this thread and I want a neatly wrapped Hollywood resolution!

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally resolved by purchasing a new stock ECU from VW stealership, but the tuning shop said to run the car for approx about week stock and see how it runs and if I want to keep it. If i keep it, I get my reflash back to stage 2 APR.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Finally resolved by purchasing a new stock ECU from VW stealership, but the tuning shop said to run the car for approx about week stock and see how it runs and if I want to keep it. If i keep it, I get my reflash back to stage 2 APR.

o_O so, your ECU was bad? Contrary to what APR told you... Welp. I'd be pissed. GL with whatever you decide to do about keeping the car or moving on.

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
I also have my original ECM. So whenever BBA or the other computer repair companies know how to fix them I will be sending it out again.
I think I want to try REVO. Has anyone went from APR to REVO, if so how do you like?

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
Why did this issue take 3 months to resolve?

I asked the same question. I literally just gave up on calling all three parties at the end of the second month I stopped calling APR, Stealership, and the Tuning shop. I'm going to email APR and let them know how heated I am. That is three car payments, insurance payments, and a f'ing rental car. VW stealership said I modded my car so no loaner.

zues0o1

Passed Driver's Ed
o_O so, your ECU was bad? Contrary to what APR told you... Welp. I'd be pissed. GL with whatever you decide to do about keeping the car or moving on.

I don't know I'm up in the air with my decision. This is my first German car and I had this issue and it left a horrid taste in my mouth. I'm looking into A: Keeping the MK6, B: MazdaSpeed3, C: the Genesis, D: Camaro, E: Challenger.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I don't know I'm up in the air with my decision. This is my first German car and I had this issue and it left a horrid taste in my mouth. I'm looking into A: Keeping the MK6, B: MazdaSpeed3, C: the Genesis, D: Camaro, E: Challenger.

F: Mustang. I dunno why you'd not consider that. Fits with the list above, performance car for about 30K?