GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions to Potential Buyers/Sellers - Updated April 20, 2011

zee

Go Kart Champion
**Classifieds Forum Rules** cross-posted from JJ-R32 on golfmkv
Please respect sellers. Meaning if someone is selling an item, don't chime in with random comments about how their item sucks, or is overpriced, etc. If the item really is overvalued, etc, then the marketplace will correct that (ie. he won't be able to find a buyer). This does not mean you cannot bargain, by all means bargain for what you want, but this is different from trying to ruin a person's for sale thread.

Do not forget to include the price of the item you are selling. This is not ebay, no need for bidding games.

Helpful information from dpham00 posted on GolfMKV.

"Transactions made through these forums are private meaning that GolfMKVI will not be held liable for anything bought or sold on here. With that said, I personally have some suggestions that will help to reduce the risk of a problem sale/purchase.

1. Check to see how many posts a user has, especially if it's a seller. I would consider them to be a higher risk, but a low post count doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy from them, just simply something to keep in mind.

2. Check to see what other transactions they have done on here. To do so, do a search under their user name and limit it to threads created in the Classifieds forum.

3. Search for the product that they are selling to see what others have sold their products for. This will give you a rough idea of what the product is worth. Keep in mind that the price listed may be the asking price, not the price it actually sold for.

4. Do a search on other forums including, but not limited to www.vwvortex.com for pricing and other items that the seller/buyer may have been involved in. Remember that some users use different user names on different forums.

5. If the seller lists the price as "FIRM" then that means that that is the minimum that they want to sell it for. If they don't say "FIRM" then you can try to negotiate if so inclined. Beware that someone may decide to pay the asking price, so you may lose out on the purchase.

6. If you are a seller, be very clear as to what you are selling and it's condition. Taking pictures will make it easier to sell, even if it's a common item.

7. If you are the buyer, then you should ask the condition of the product, if not listed in the thread. Verify with the seller exactly what parts you are expecting before purchasing.

8. I'd suggest paying via Paypal or some other traceable method. I'd advise against cash, cashier's check, check, money order, money gram, or similar types of payment as once you've paid, you've got little recourse.

9. Ship it via a TRACKABLE method. At a minimum use USPS Delivery Confirmation. It's very cheap with USPS First Class shipping, and free with Priority Mail if you print the shipping label online. Make sure to INSURE the item properly (or be prepared to pay, in case the item is damaged or lost), especially if it's a big ticket item."

10. Claims of fraud or misrepresentation must be filed with local law enforcement or other applicable agency. Golfmk6 administrators and moderators do not take responsibility or have interest in your transactions.

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
Great post BUBUSKI!!! It's a shame that such a post is needed when it comes to Love and VW's!!! I see more and more scams on the various forums these days and it breaks my heart!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't VBulletin have a buyer/seller feedback/rating system? If this plugin is available with the sites package, it might be handy to have.

Many sites also have a minimum post count and log in time in order to place sale threads and respond to buy threads.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't VBulletin have a buyer/seller feedback/rating system? If this plugin is available with the sites package, it might be handy to have.

Many sites also have a minimum post count and log in time in order to place sale threads and respond to buy threads.

Pretty sure they do.. The last forum(s) I was a member of for my previous car both used this system and it worked really well. Definitely gave you more insight to the buyer/seller other than the number of posts they have.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Can you also add to STOP the randum BUMP every day

Others are trying to sell there stuff without sellers constant bumping there thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what you just did ;) a post "bumps" the thread up.