GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roush Stage 2 Sore Winner

GTmyI

Ready to race!
As a former VW owner (MKIV GTI, 2 MKV GLIs, 2 MKV R32s), I think I'll respond to some of these :)

You don't know much about the Mustang.

Unless he has DRs and basic bolt ons, then even that BT Evo won't be enough. 5.0s are in the 10s with bolt ons and tires, with engine internals staying stock.

I guess I'm a pussy, but you sound very insecure about a douche bag in a much faster car picking on you.

Looking at the fact the GT is .1 of a second behind the E92 M3 with the Competition package around Streets of Willow, I'd say the Mustang is a pretty good performer on a track. Also, I've been using one as a DD for the last 2 years, and while it's no hatch back or a 4 door family car, it does very well for coupe, more so that both my G35 and G37 did. I carry a lot of gear/equipment for my work, and the trunk does just fine, the seats fold down, and it's plenty spacious for the driver and front seat passenger.

I get about 20-22mpg mixed, about 24 on the highway. I have the factory 3.73 gears, but with the stock 3.31s people get up to 30 on the highway staying out of it.

Disagree. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I haven't found one thing better in a GTI interior than my Mustang.

It's an amazing car that does a lot of things very well, but Top Gear is not the end all be all for car reviews. They give bad reviews to some pretty amazing cars.

I would say that in some cases the GTI is actually more fun, more so at lower speeds while obeying the speed limit and other traffic laws. You can get a base GT for 25k. Not too many options on a GT for that price, but you still get high 12s out of the box and amazing handling on smooth roads. I think there is a reason why the GTI is constantly picked by many publications year after year for many of their comparisons they do, and that is because it is a great car. It does everything well, it's plenty fast, it handles well, it's fun to drive around town, it's versatile for every day use, it gets great gas mileage, it's very comfortable on long trips, it's safe, and it looks great, even when stock. The GT, and the Mustang in general, is just a car that is aimed a different demographic, even if the two are in the same price range. Now that I got my GT, and after having it for 2 years, I can honestly say, I will always have some kind of V8+RWD vehicle in my life. I don't see myself getting rid of my Mustang for anything other than a 2015+ Mustang (if it's better, lighter, and more powerful) or a 6th Gen Camaro. And as for the OP's story, the guy in the Roush was a dick, those guys drive everything though. I can tell in this thread there are some posters that would do well being douches in a Mustang, even though they are driving VWs at this time.

Happy motoring.

I guess everyone one has their preference, I am only 23 and only own 3 cars so far, Honda Accord V6 2001, and my wires Elantra and my GTI. GTI is by far the best lol. But again never own a Stang and sorry to say never will. But I still think the interior is better in the GTI. way better? NOPE, but its better. I can say the steering wheel is already better... but most likely you will disagree. We all love our cars, no point to argue back and forth, it really is no point.

And for V8 RWD? You are right about owning one in life. But I rather buy a M5, M6, C63, E63 and other. There is a lot of V8 RWD in the market! Yes you are right, the Stang is probably going to be much cheaper compare to the Europe...
I just can't do domestic! Sorry

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
So, you raced and lost and are complaining that the other guy was a douche bag?

Wouldn't call posting what happened 'complaining' but I thought I'd share an experience with someone that left me a scratching my head a little about society... especially considering I dealt him a friendly thumbs-up

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
As a former VW owner (MKIV GTI, 2 MKV GLIs, 2 MKV R32s), I think I'll respond to some of these :)

You don't know much about the Mustang.

Unless he has DRs and basic bolt ons, then even that BT Evo won't be enough. 5.0s are in the 10s with bolt ons and tires, with engine internals staying stock.

I guess I'm a pussy, but you sound very insecure about a douche bag in a much faster car picking on you.

Looking at the fact the GT is .1 of a second behind the E92 M3 with the Competition package around Streets of Willow, I'd say the Mustang is a pretty good performer on a track. Also, I've been using one as a DD for the last 2 years, and while it's no hatch back or a 4 door family car, it does very well for coupe, more so that both my G35 and G37 did. I carry a lot of gear/equipment for my work, and the trunk does just fine, the seats fold down, and it's plenty spacious for the driver and front seat passenger.

I get about 20-22mpg mixed, about 24 on the highway. I have the factory 3.73 gears, but with the stock 3.31s people get up to 30 on the highway staying out of it.

Disagree. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I haven't found one thing better in a GTI interior than my Mustang.

It's an amazing car that does a lot of things very well, but Top Gear is not the end all be all for car reviews. They give bad reviews to some pretty amazing cars.

I would say that in some cases the GTI is actually more fun, more so at lower speeds while obeying the speed limit and other traffic laws. You can get a base GT for 25k. Not too many options on a GT for that price, but you still get high 12s out of the box and amazing handling on smooth roads. I think there is a reason why the GTI is constantly picked by many publications year after year for many of their comparisons they do, and that is because it is a great car. It does everything well, it's plenty fast, it handles well, it's fun to drive around town, it's versatile for every day use, it gets great gas mileage, it's very comfortable on long trips, it's safe, and it looks great, even when stock. The GT, and the Mustang in general, is just a car that is aimed a different demographic, even if the two are in the same price range. Now that I got my GT, and after having it for 2 years, I can honestly say, I will always have some kind of V8+RWD vehicle in my life. I don't see myself getting rid of my Mustang for anything other than a 2015+ Mustang (if it's better, lighter, and more powerful) or a 6th Gen Camaro. And as for the OP's story, the guy in the Roush was a dick, those guys drive everything though. I can tell in this thread there are some posters that would do well being douches in a Mustang, even though they are driving VWs at this time.

Happy motoring.

Buddy of mine bought a 2012 GT500 in October, beautiful car, its probably the only mustang i really have any interest in. Yes the 5 dot oh noooooo's are fast and all, but the Shelby is where its at. I think if I was in the market for American V8 muscle I would be looking towards a 2013 Shelby. :)

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Was it the 2012MY or 2013 GT500 that got the bigger engine and somewhere in the upwards of like 600hp?

I work with a fella who has had his 09 for sale for quite some time (claims to be making 800whp).. Can't imagine taming that beast as a DD

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Was it the 2012MY or 2013 GT500 that got the bigger engine and somewhere in the upwards of like 600hp?

I work with a fella who has had his 09 for sale for quite some time (claims to be making 800whp).. Can't imagine taming that beast as a DD

5.8L Supercharged V8, officially rated at 662hp and 631trq - 2013 GT500

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I guess everyone one has their preference, I am only 23 and only own 3 cars so far, Honda Accord V6 2001, and my wires Elantra and my GTI. GTI is by far the best lol. But again never own a Stang and sorry to say never will. But I still think the interior is better in the GTI. way better? NOPE, but its better. I can say the steering wheel is already better... but most likely you will disagree. We all love our cars, no point to argue back and forth, it really is no point.

And for V8 RWD? You are right about owning one in life. But I rather buy a M5, M6, C63, E63 and other. There is a lot of V8 RWD in the market! Yes you are right, the Stang is probably going to be much cheaper compare to the Europe...
I just can't do domestic! Sorry

I agree on the steering wheel, but all of my VWs buttons were peeling within the first year. I wouldn't say it's better quality. Go sit in a new Mustang with the leather package and go sit in your GTI so you can honestly have an opinion on it. There is literally nothing better about an interior of a GTI compared to a Mustang. My most memorable things about both of my MKV GLIs and R32s were the amount of rattles and squeaks it had. I have 100 passes at the strip and 2 track days with my GT, and the only thing that rattles or makes any noise at all is if I leave my water bottle in my cup holder, taht is it.

And as for the M cars and the AMG cars, you're comparing $70,000 cars to a Mustang. Go drive a new 5.0, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Or better yet, go take a 1LE Camaro for a spin, it's even better.

Buddy of mine bought a 2012 GT500 in October, beautiful car, its probably the only mustang i really have any interest in. Yes the 5 dot oh noooooo's are fast and all, but the Shelby is where its at. I think if I was in the market for American V8 muscle I would be looking towards a 2013 Shelby. :)

I love the Shelby, but at double the price of a GT, the value just wasn't there for me. If I was spending $60k+ on a car, I don't think it would have a live rear axle in the rear. For the price on a brand new car, the GT500 is hard to beat in a straight line, but it does have the same F/R weight distribution as an R32, and it weights 3900 lbs.

My friend just got a brand new super snake.. :slice:

That's awesome. There is a run what you brung at SpeedWorld on the 19th, your friend and you should come out. We can have a K04 DSG vs tune/exhaust 5.0 run :)

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
That's awesome. There is a run what you brung at SpeedWorld on the 19th, your friend and you should come out. We can have a K04 DSG vs tune/exhaust 5.0 run :)

a tuned 5.0 will definitely pull on me, and I am actually planning on heading up there with a few kids if I don't go up to snowbowl!

mustangs are still ugly and have crap interior in my eyes. was in a camaro the other day.. it was disgusting. what kind of moron puts plastic on the steering wheel.. oh and i sure loved the roof being 1 inch higher than my forehead.

op, don't mind the tool in dad's stang. he was just high from the plastic fumes.

My friend just got a brand new super snake.. :slice:

your friend? you're what 17? can't remember when i asked your age but.. his parents bought him a car with that much hp as a first car? :rolleyes: i hope your friend is over 25 with atleast 5-6 years of driving experience and he bought the car himself.. or he will end up in a wall sooner or later.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
a tuned 5.0 will definitely pull on me, and I am actually planning on heading up there with a few kids if I don't go up to snowbowl!

Have you ran your car there before? I know TsiUG over on golfMkV ran a 12.38@112 in his 6 speed K04 but i think he was on tires. My best so far has been a 12.52@115 so I think my 5.0 vs. your K04 would be a good match up. Hope to see you there. I'll be in this

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
your friend? you're what 17? can't remember when i asked your age but.. his parents bought him a car with that much hp as a first car? :rolleyes: i hope your friend is over 25 with atleast 5-6 years of driving experience and he bought the car himself.. or he will end up in a wall sooner or later.

my friends drive 400hp 370z's and g37's, both of em are 19
i have a friend pushing almost 400whp through his evo, and he's 18

one of my friend's dad offered him either a 964 carrera 2 or a brand new porsche cayenne gts
and my friend actually chose the gts over the 964 -__-

welcome to california my friend

one of my brother-in-law's friends just bought himself a 5.0 stang. and he's almost 30
that makes more sense than a young adult driving a 5.0 stang

back to topic, he's driving a ford
the number of ford jokes you can pull on him is countless. :laugh:

he's in phoenix. and you don't know jack like i do. dude was flamed hourly, and had every thread closed. but he matured now with his posts.. good lord what a mess he was lol jack, yah smart ass.. he almost went to jail at 16 for racing so much, and a cop saved his ass. im sure his friends are just like him, as the saying goes, tell me your friends and I'll describe you.

back to topic, our cars are still not that fast.. i wouldn't even bother, i guess you didn't have anything to lose, and expected a friendly nice pull, but dude.. you should have know from the beginning it was a tool on the seat if he wanted to race a 2.0 4 banger.

my friends drive 400hp 370z's and g37's, both of em are 19
i have a friend pushing almost 400whp through his evo, and he's 18

one of my friend's dad offered him either a 964 carrera 2 or a brand new porsche cayenne gts
and my friend actually chose the gts over the 964 -__-

welcome to california my friend

one of my brother-in-law's friends just bought himself a 5.0 stang. and he's almost 30
that makes more sense than a young adult driving a 5.0 stang

back to topic, he's driving a ford
the number of ford jokes you can pull on him is countless. :laugh:

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Have you ran your car there before? I know TsiUG over on golfMkV ran a 12.38@112 in his 6 speed K04 but i think he was on tires. My best so far has been a 12.52@115 so I think my 5.0 vs. your K04 would be a good match up. Hope to see you there. I'll be in this

12.3 is insanely impressive for a k04.. he was definitely on radials :p

I'd expect maybe a 12.8 with a nice launch, but I've never dragged my car before so I definitely need to practice launching.

And the cars around here are insane. Friends cars include M3, 911 S, Range rover supercharged Westminster, Raptors on raptors, tuned sti's, 350s, s14's, 370's, g's, etc.., lots of 335's, plenty of c300's and 328's.. it's endless. :iono: