GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed race...

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
so i have been searching trying to find anyone who is rocking neuspeed race springs... i know the claimed drop is 1.8in, but i am trying to figure out what the actual drop is.

everything i found just say neuspeed and claims about 1 in.. just dont know if that is the sports or the race...

any help?

NinJa LiX

Passed Driver's Ed
i have the neuspeed sofsports and they're a pretty subtle drop, maybe a little over an inch. gets rid of that nasty stock wheel gap :)

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
i have the neuspeed sofsports and they're a pretty subtle drop, maybe a little over an inch. gets rid of that nasty stock wheel gap :)

thanks i have found all sorts of threads on sof sports and sports... wondering about the race springs

OldDirty

Ready to race!
The sports dropped my car about 1.3 inches, so I wouldn't be surprised if the race did 1.8. My sports ride terrible with stock dampers though so don't even think about going that route with the race springs....you will need Koni yellows or something along those lines. I can't wait to get my SHS coilovers installed in a week and get these sports off my car.

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
yeah i am doing the koni adjustables... would never do springs on stock dampers!
i was thinking coilovers... but im not gonna adjust them, dont want to slam the car, just want a nice clean drop!
thanks for the info

OldDirty

Ready to race!
If you just want like a 1.8 drop you can get koni coilovers for like $900....that way you know the springs and dampers were designed to match. Once you get your height dialed in then you don't ever have to adjust them again.

I was hoping that with the sport springs it would be close enough to stock that the original dampers would work, but I was way off on that one. At least now that I've read more I have high hopes that the HPA SHS coilovers will be a good match for what I want, a modest drop while prioritizing comfort for daily street driving, and a bit less body roll than stock.

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm thinking the neuspeed race springs and the koni adj. will be perfect and have always matched up well for me in the past. Im trying to find a ride in a car with the koni coils so I know the feel... And if I am not gonna adjust the height I think I would rather save the a few hundred and get a cup kit

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bptnwt