GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Engine/Transmission/Pendulum/Torque Mount

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
The stock pendullum mount is fine. When have you ever heard of one breaking? Also HPA said they tested it and found it to be fine as well. Honesty I don't believe the story that upgrading just the lower mount puts more stress on and will wear out the upper side mounts. If anything I think it would make them last longer. Think about the motor doesn't rock nearly as much.

I've seen the pendulum break on cars that go beyond stage 1. can't find the thread atm. but u r right, changing the pendulum will not affect the upper motor mounts too much, but changing only one motor mounts (like trans mount only) will degrade the other side over time.

stock pendulum has too much to give to wheel hop, but if there is no alternative, i gotta upgrade the washer or sth...

There are different versions of the mount because BSH most likely changed suppliers. The older mounts are made by KE (Kenney Enterprises) which is a manufacturing company in Phoenix were BSH used to rent an office space, they used to make all of the catch cans, intake kits and mounts for BSH before the 2 companies had a falling out. Since then KE sold all of those parts to Revo and I also buy direct from KE which is local to me.

BTW on these mounts you want to inspect them, could be that the bushing might need to be replaced.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i don't see a washer so if the new kits come with it then the only other thought i have is the installer just didn't put it on or didn't know it was supposed to go there. but i can't blame them considering it came assembled. if there was a washer that needed to be added on they should have at least included instructions with the mount kit.

sorry this is the best pic i could get until i do a noise pipe delete.

and i heard they were going out of business but i'm not sure. i know when i went to buy during the holiday sale at namotorsports they were out of transmission mounts and seemed to have no plans of restocking. it sucked because they were like $120 after the discounts.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
NA Motorsports is going out of business at least on their retail side. That is probably why they had no plans to restock them or anything else

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I've seen the pendulum break on cars that go beyond stage 1.

I don't believe it. I have been in the VW scene for 12 years or so and never heard of one breaking. Not to say that it has never happened but even if you could show me 10 that broke it doesn't show that they are weak.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
100 mi in and these things are already getting quieter and vibing less. still the same sexy tone from the engine. i'm impressed.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
There are different versions of the mount because BSH most likely changed suppliers. The older mounts are made by KE (Kenney Enterprises) which is a manufacturing company in Phoenix were BSH used to rent an office space, they used to make all of the catch cans, intake kits and mounts for BSH before the 2 companies had a falling out. Since then KE sold all of those parts to Revo and I also buy direct from KE which is local to me.

BTW on these mounts you want to inspect them, could be that the bushing might need to be replaced.

interesting info....that explains why the top bolt size might have changed.

by these mounts u mean the pendulum or the engine mount?

i don't see a washer so if the new kits come with it then the only other thought i have is the installer just didn't put it on or didn't know it was supposed to go there. but i can't blame them considering it came assembled. if there was a washer that needed to be added on they should have at least included instructions with the mount kit.

but u don't have excessive vibration at idle tho?
if so, I wonder if these washers are even useful like BSH claims.
there was no instruction whatsoever for the mounts. and it comes pre-assembled so I dont think the shop did anything wrong.

I don't believe it. I have been in the VW scene for 12 years or so and never heard of one breaking. Not to say that it has never happened but even if you could show me 10 that broke it doesn't show that they are weak.

I've never seen one either.
but I swear there was a thread on that over at the tex, im trying to find it but the search function is not exactly useful.

break or not the stock pendulum has too much to give.
seems like the alternative is the HPA red puck(or vwr ones) + stock atm.

interesting info....that explains why the top bolt size might have changed.

by these mounts u mean the pendulum or the engine mount?

If you are asking about the part where I say to check the bushings, that would be on the pendulum. I had a customer that blew them out and I got him replacement bushings for them from BSH which would have came from KE.

These are the mounts my customer had on his Scirocco running a HTA3076r with the AFI Turbo FSI/TSI tube manifold.

This is the bushings he had to replace.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
but u don't have excessive vibration at idle tho?
if so, I wonder if these washers are even useful like BSH claims.
there was no instruction whatsoever for the mounts. and it comes pre-assembled so I dont think the shop did anything wrong.

yep i have vibes, mostly during cold starts. after it's warmed up it calms down a lot. i just meant their minimal and it doesn't really feel like "excess", especially vs when i first got them installed. but when i turn the a/c on it vibrates just like a cold start haha.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
If you are asking about the part where I say to check the bushings, that would be on the pendulum. I had a customer that blew them out and I got him replacement bushings for them from BSH which would have came from KE.

These are the mounts my customer had on his Scirocco running a HTA3076r with the AFI Turbo FSI/TSI tube manifold.

yes, I was aware of the bushings eventually failing. it was brought up by another member a week ago. I didn't even know it could fail so thank u guys for the heads up :thumbsup:

there is no permanent alternative to the bushings?
some people swapped with Delrin bushings(or sth similar) --> this thread

dont know if it's legit....