GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil inside dv and wire harness??

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Just this past weekend I got under the car to re-lube the dv+ brass piston. When I unplugged the wire harness I had oil dripping from the plug? I've never seen that before and I re-lube the brass piston every 10-15k miles. Is the dv+ the problem?

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Just this past weekend I got under the car to re-lube the dv+ brass piston. When I unplugged the wire harness I had oil dripping from the plug? I've never seen that before and I re-lube the brass piston every 10-15k miles. Is the dv+ the problem?

Do you have oil anywhere else?

I saw this in my dv harness when I first installed my dv+. I believe it was oil leaking from the pcv hose that popped off my ecs intake when the mounting bracket snapped a few months before(ecs replaced the pipe under warranty)

I just cleaned it out as best as I could and put it back on

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I'll double check the rear pcv hose to see if its leaking but I checked everything as best as I could and did't find a definitive source. The inside of the solenoid was heavily coated in oil so I don't think there was an oil leak from above the dv.

FriggenT1

Banned
A bad pcv can cause oil to go down the intake through the turbo, and then it just gets all over. I had it before, after pcv replacement it was better. I did not have it on the plug though iirc, so that could be a different issue

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Oil will leak though the diverter valve, through the electrical connection. Replace the d/v for repair. I see it here at the dealership often enough.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I never had this issue before, I just installed my 034 catch can kit for spring/summer/fall so its quite possible that my last pcv that is used for winters only was bad.

I'm just wondering if my gfb dv+ has malfunctioned? The dv solenoid? Like I've said I've never seen the solenoid and connector dripping in oil.......

Do I buy a rev D AND a new dv+? Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

BTW gas mileage is normal but getting on boost feels jerky, no decarb yet at 81K miles (virtually ALL highway miles)

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Oil will leak though the diverter valve, through the electrical connection. Replace the d/v for repair. I see it here at the dealership often enough.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely buying a rev D, just not sure if my gfb went bad to allow the oil to seep into the solenoid....