GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel

chalkiessoup

Ordered my new Golf 1.6TDI SE Passion Red in early August but have to wait until November for delivery....Aaaaarrrgghh!(I want it NOW!).
Extras ordered are DSG,storage pack and metallic paint(passion red).
Should I have ordered the leather steering wheel as I have read comments regarding the standard wheel being crap.
Any comments would be welcome please.

bad2bone

Passed Driver's Ed
here in the usa we can't get a plastic covered steering wheel since the leather one comes as standard spec
i would recommend the leather because the leather feels much better in your hands and adds a bit of class to the car too

Bill-GT140

Getting the GT - 1st Oct '09. Has a leather SW and lots of buttons to play with - thought the SE had moo cow covered SW too.

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Not to rub salt in your wounds, but yeh you should have added it.
I ordered mine at the end of August and ive just got it today after 2 months and previously having a MkV
Ive got: 1.6TDI DSG, Leather Steering Wheel, Highline Comp and Front Fogs in Steel Grey.

kitcat18

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered my new Golf 1.6TDI SE Passion Red in early August but have to wait until November for delivery....Aaaaarrrgghh!(I want it NOW!).
Extras ordered are DSG,storage pack and metallic paint(passion red).
Should I have ordered the leather steering wheel as I have read comments regarding the standard wheel being crap.
Any comments would be welcome please.

Leather or not you should have got the paddle shift to go with the DSG.

TDI110

O_o
amen to that

x2, before I bought my MRkVI I test drove a DSG Golf just to see, settled with the 5 speed. Don't regret the choice. As for the steering wheel, I ALMOST got the all plastic one, but last minute changed it to the leather wrapped, and does it feel and look great :D