GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 1.8T Jetta - This Spark Anyone's Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
^^Dude the guy works on these cars for a living. The 2.0T stock air intake has like 3 bends and a ridiculously convoluted airflow to the MAF and even then, an intake hardly makes a difference until you are pulling K04 level air so what are you even talking about? A CAI may be a slight improvement but it isn't going to make your car stop being an economy hatchback. Only in America do people try and pretend their Golfs are special or something. They are a dime a dozen in Germany, the UK, Australia, etc. and are seen as nothing more than reliable transportation. You have the worst avatar in history.

he can work for nasa for all i care.
there are about 6 bends on the 2.5
i never said it makes a day n night difference, but it is one of the reasons the 2.5 bogs down from the factory.
the golf in germany doesnt have the 2.5. europe in general doesnt have the 2.5.
they get smaller displacement turboed engines. 1.4l, 1.6l and 1.8l.
this is america. people think their civics are special too.
and how dare you question Alfonso Ribeiro

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Arguing aside about the 2.5 intake... I think a 1.8t Golf would be a very cool car. The mileage I'm getting in the Jetta loaner is pretty awesome so far.

malarkey

So the ea888 is gen 3 in the new 1.8t jetta and they will have an ea888 in the new gti. It may be a new generation but most likley similar. Boost is up to 19.1 if I read the very unclear article and hp (with performance package) up to 220. Not sure how accurate it all is but the margins of increase seem reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
so now im turning my car into a ricecar because i have an intake?
just cause it's an "economy" car, doesnt mean it's automatically "rice" when i mod it.

McQueen77

Banned
Trying to squeeze 3 whp out of your 2.5 golf with a filter on a stick is actually kind of rice. But hey man, if you like it, that's what matters.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Trying to squeeze 3 whp out of your 2.5 golf with a filter on a stick is actually kind of rice. But hey man, if you like it, that's what matters.

that's funny.. i could say the same thing to gti owners that arent pulling in enough air to make a significant difference.
the 2.5 intake actually completely changes the design of the intake.. none of the original points and bends are used.
it also add's in a very nice rumble at 4k RPM. gti intake doesnt do squat.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
intake for noise... point proven

vs intake for no noise? LOL

still doesnt fit the "rice" category.
rice means modeling your car to look like a "race" car with bad taste.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I've never seen someone so butt hurt over someone else telling them their engine is awesome lol

not butthurt, not sure where you see that from lol

im trying to prove a point here, but clearly you guys dont understand it.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Delete wrong thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.