GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I test drove an Audi A5 yesterday...

Whafrodamus1

Ready to race!
I decided to swing by the audi dealership and see if they had any A5 2.0T's in that I could check out for fun. They only had an 09 3.2 6 spd though, so I took that for a spin. Now, I'm not looking to drop 50 grand on a car and if I were I wouldn't get an A5. This was simply for shits and giggles. Anyways, to the point... Let me just say that the quality of the GTI pwns that of the A5. Both interiors are masterfully designed and built, but the A5 has waaaayyy too many buttons for stuff and the MMI was confusing. The GTI's touch screen setup is way better and more user friendly. The seats in the GTI and the A5 were both superb. The quattro and the exterior are the only things that the A5 has on the GTI, though both cars handle and look great. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the audi.. it just made me realize what a ridiculous value the GTI is.

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
I doubt the A5 was as engaging to drive either.

Having had Audi company cars since 2001, I get the impression that R8, TT and RS4 aside, that with Audi the driving experience comes a distant third to visual appeal, and ergonomics in terms of priorities.

My boss has an R8 though which he lends me on occasion, and it is utterly sublime in every way. How he's kept his license clean beggars belief.