GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs G37 Sedan

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Raced my friends Automatic G37 Sedan last night, 3.7 HR motor bone stock... we did multiple runs with the same result each time, 20 rolls-I jumped ahead half a car and held it until 100 where it would start creeping up next to me, we shut it down every time right around there. Running Cobb OTS stage 2 on 91 with custom intake and downpipe. I'd assume a fully bolted stage 2 would be able to hold its pace longer until the K03 hits a wall

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Good win, but man those G37s (in both variations) are no joke for their size!

Was this the RWD G37 though? I feel the G37x might have been a bit closer up to about 80 and may have started walking after 100.

Last edited:

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I trail right behind my buddy's 370Z Nismo. Now with my intercooler upgrade I'm right side by side with him but I'm sure I can take him since I had to brake on this test run. For sure from a dig now that I have slicks and fmic :)

Load up the 93 Oct file and throw some E85 in there. You'll hang much better or even pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Good win, but man those G37s (in both variations) are no joke for their size!

Was this the RWD G37 though? I feel the G37x might have been a bit closer up to about 80 and may have started walking after 100.

Yeah it was RWD!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Nice! I trail right behind my buddy's 370Z Nismo. Now with my intercooler upgrade I'm right side by side with him but I'm sure I can take him since I had to brake on this test run. For sure from a dig now that I have slicks and fmic :)

Load up the 93 Oct file and throw some E85 in there. You'll hang much better or even pull

Haha that's what I usually do when I do pulls but we where just cruising home from Irvine Spectrum and decided to do some runs, I usually put in a e30/e35 mix and flash to the 93 map. I wonder how it'll turn when I get the boost pipes and FMIC. Also, I found brake boosting helps a F ton when doing low speed rolls in 2nd gear.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Haha that's what I usually do when I do pulls but we where just cruising home from Irvine Spectrum and decided to do some runs, I usually put in a e30/e35 mix and flash to the 93 map. I wonder how it'll turn when I get the boost pipes and FMIC. Also, I found brake boosting helps a F ton when doing low speed rolls in 2nd gear.

It's a huge difference once you do the fmic. It just goes whenever now, it's crazy hahaha

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
It's a huge difference once you do the fmic. It just goes whenever now, it's crazy hahaha

Do you have a neuspeed fmic? Might look into upgrading it sooner from all stuff I'm reading about it, that being said I think the stock Sandwich Cooler does a decent job if the weather isn't above 75 degrees.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a neuspeed fmic? Might look into upgrading it sooner from all stuff I'm reading about it, that being said I think the stock Sandwich Cooler does a decent job if the weather isn't above 75 degrees.

I have the Armsmotorsport fmic, a copy of neuspeeds design. Works great and it is also currently on special for $400. Contact Brian at metric if interested. Great guy

rawag77

Ready to race!

Wait, Cobb lets you do brake boosting?!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Wait, Cobb lets you do brake boosting?!

The software doesn't "allow it" BUT, from what I have read which works is to hit the brake first then apply the gas which allows you to build boost.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The Neuspeed IC is awesome, if you're considering it, get it. Really easy install too. You said you were getting boost pipes, I recommend getting an AWE s3 TOP. It will make the connection to the aftermarket IC hose so much better, it eliminates the need for the adapter piece that comes with IC kits.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
The Neuspeed IC is awesome, if you're considering it, get it. Really easy install too. You said you were getting boost pipes, I recommend getting an AWE s3 TOP. It will make the connection to the aftermarket IC hose so much better, it eliminates the need for the adapter piece that comes with IC kits.

Thanks man good to know, Intercooler will probably come in the Spring when SoCal temps get back up high.