GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs GTI

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I beat my buddies stage 1 Protuned focus ST really bad, he didn't even want to go to the drag strip with me the following day lol

He's been avoiding me saying he's going to just wait up until he feels more confident with his car and when he goes stage 2 or more. I didn't mean to, poor pal hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I beat my buddies stage 1 Protuned focus ST really bad, he didn't even want to go to the drag strip with me the following day lol

He's been avoiding me saying he's going to just wait up until he feels more confident with his car and when he goes stage 2 or more. I didn't mean to, poor pal hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST's are slow af..... I have many friends that have them they are super underwhelming.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
ST's are slow af..... I have many friends that have them they are super underwhelming.

Even when they spend a shit ton on BT builds they are still slow. The quickest fully built, BT +Meth +Aux Fuel Focus is slower than a lot of Stage 2 MK7's haha. What's even better it's that the Fiesta's are significantly faster and quicker and they have forged internals so they don't need a motor build for sub 400-450whp builds.

Last edited:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Even when they spend a shit ton on BT builds they are still slow. The quickest fully built, BT +Meth +Aux Fuel Focus is slower than a lot of Stage 2 MK7's haha. What's even better it's that the Fiesta's are significantly faster and quicker and they have forged internals so they don't need a motor build for sub 400-450whp builds.

lol yup.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Depends on which one since they have a lot more variation than our standard K04 builds, but yeah judging on the numbers a K04 car is a good match for most mild-BT ST's.

Good to know. There are a few BT Focus ST's and Fusions in the area. K04 here I come.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just ran across my first unlucky victim this morning, a stock (appearance-wise, other than tint) ST, that decided to come up fast on my tail and egged me on. I took off from the light in the right lane (first person in line), she was in the left lane behind a car. The car behind me trailed so she powered through and got on me. I gave it a little juice and she held to me, so I opened it up and put a couple buses on her...she refused to come up next to me after that. I was going to invite her to the local ST group too, they are all pretty cool guys/gals...:iono:

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I put 1 full car on an ST the other week in just third gear...thought they were faster. From what I could see it had exhaust and was lowered.

The other night I went through 3rd and 4th with another mk6 GTI, put a car on him by third and fourth I put another car on him. He had an exhaust from what I could see, I assume he was tuned but no way for me to know.

I also raced an RS4 about a month ago, he was in fourth and I was in third, I beat him badly. I think it was an 09 or a similar year

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I love horny ST's all looking to get spanked..... gotta wait till spring though.... cars sleeping :|

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I put 1 full car on an ST the other week in just third gear...thought they were faster. From what I could see it had exhaust and was lowered.

The other night I went through 3rd and 4th with another mk6 GTI, put a car on him by third and fourth I put another car on him. He had an exhaust from what I could see, I assume he was tuned but no way for me to know.

I also raced an RS4 about a month ago, he was in fourth and I was in third, I beat him badly. I think it was an 09 or a similar year

RS4? As in Audi? He must have been way out of his power band if you beat him badly. Stage 1 does not have enough power to pull one of those in 3rd gear speeds.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
RS4? As in Audi? He must have been way out of his power band if you beat him badly. Stage 1 does not have enough power to pull one of those in 3rd gear speeds.

Yeah I call BS.