Intake and Catback $1000 15 HP
Stage 1 $600 30 hp
So $1600 you get maybe 45 HP
Intake and Axle back $2000
Stage 2 chip $600 +60 hp
Total$2600 with a 60 hp increase
What else is there?
You need to drive a K04 to understand
When I was K04 w/out DP I Tied a 5.0 Mustang from a 15 MPH roll to 110 mph....
A M3 slowly pulled away from me.

Buying all APR parts might result in those prices, but catbacks and intakes can be had for less than $1000 total. Same goes for turboback and intake. But, I understand your point. For the price of an equipped stage 1 or stage 2 car, you can almost purchase a K04 turbo kit.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
That said, I have no idea how expensive it would be to have a K04-appropriate DP fabbed if there are none available from the normal makers. But, I'd throw in $20 if you did a kickstarter drive for "Impossibly cool Tiguan"

Downpipe is out there:

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_27_131&products_id=1770

But I still don't want the noise. Although if you guys are paying for it I'll do whatever the hell you want! :)

Just did the math. With Intake, DP, IC and k04 the Tiguan would have a better power to weight ratio than a 4dr stage 1+ Golf R........

Last edited:

JammingJay

Ready to race!
Well that killed all internal debate I had on whether I kept my UR DP on my Ko4 project. Its definitely staying.

P

plac

Well that killed all internal debate I had on whether I kept my UR DP on my Ko4 project. Its definitely staying.

so youre gonna order a new top piece like i did, or you just gonna drill the one you have?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A nice catted and resonated dp shouldn't add too much noise with the stock CBE. I loved the AWE dp w/ stock CBE combo on the GTI.

JammingJay

Ready to race!
so youre gonna order a new top piece like i did, or you just gonna drill the one you have?

Plac,

I'll likely mirror your setup and order a new piece. It'll also give me a opp to order a ceramic cat (vs the current metal) to eliminate the occasional smell.

I have to think of a creative way now to get the $2000 Ko4 price at Waterfest.

P

plac

Plac,

I'll likely mirror your setup and order a new piece. It'll also give me a opp to order a ceramic cat (vs the current metal) to eliminate the occasional smell.

I have to think of a creative way now to get the $2000 Ko4 price at Waterfest.

you know, i never smell my car at all really.. big difference from the metal cat. and a big difference in noise too.