GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

which company offer best stage 2+

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Hello guys

Recently I got intake and catless downpipe installed. Going to get hpfp, in the coming week. I was wondering is there a company that is better for catless. I originally wanted Apr since I had Apr on my mk5, but the dealer isn't a Apr dealer no more. There is a shop I go to now that I like. But they are far and only carry unitronic. According to unitronic's website. They are optimised for downpipe with cat.
Any personal experience or simular setup please let me know.

Thanks

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I am an APR guy, always will be.

I'd pick the company that has the best local shop, customer service is how I'd shop these. Luckily I have 2 good APR dealers within 20 minutes.

PS, make sure you factor in the price of a clutch with your 2+, its pretty much a guarantee.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
I am an APR guy, always will be.

I'd pick the company that has the best local shop, customer service is how I'd shop these. Luckily I have 2 good APR dealers within 20 minutes.

PS, make sure you factor in the price of a clutch with your 2+, its pretty much a guarantee.

Totally forgot about the clutch. Well there was an Apr dealer within 10 min of me. But on the apr website, they didn't list them as authorized dealer anymore. The only apr dealer are far and I heard some bad reviews.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Hello guys

Recently I got intake and catless downpipe installed. Going to get hpfp, in the coming week. I was wondering is there a company that is better for catless. I originally wanted Apr since I had Apr on my mk5, but the dealer isn't a Apr dealer no more. There is a shop I go to now that I like. But they are far and only carry unitronic. According to unitronic's website. They are optimised for downpipe with cat.

Thanks

If you want to stay with APR, check out Warren and the guys at RPI in Richmond. They are "THE APR" retailer in BC.

RPI Equipped

Knight

Ready to race!
Hello guys

Thanks

If you want to go with Unitronic, CTS Turbo is in BC
http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/dealer/156

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Oh I know where the tuners are. I was just wondering which company is good for catless.

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I have been very pleased with the apr 2+ tune. I know that they may not make the most in raw numbers but the curves are really nice and I know they work hard to make sure that it is reliable power. and that is a key thing for me.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
I've had Revo and GIAC stage 2+ maps and the GIAC map gets my vote.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
So I got quoted 700 dollar for unitronic stage2+ software today. I don't get why people say apr cost more. Also for 700 I don't get switch or any setting. Anyone with unitronic can tell me why its worth it?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Goapr!! Ftw. Program switching, great customer service, and the fact that there are so many apr friendly authorized Vw dealerships. Not to mention great numbers and smooth powerband. Heard good things about giac as well though

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
I do love the unitronic females they have at their booth at shows though!

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
So I got quoted 700 dollar for unitronic stage2+ software today. I don't get why people say apr cost more. Also for 700 I don't get switch or any setting. Anyone with unitronic can tell me why its worth it?

... Since you are looking for reasons, Unitronic is Canadian.
Seriously, get a tune with a tunner you are comfortable. You sound very insecure... Of course Unis tune is worth it, but what do you get from me telling you so??
As for switching octane programs.. no one realistically switches... Flamesuit on.
As car as price goes when Apr has their sale it might be the sale or cheaper, otherwise Uni îs cheaper.