GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tjasko's Golf R Build

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

The wheels sorry lol. Looks like the same color I want to get on my CW. I originally wanted gloss black but then saw some white audi's with gunmetal and loved it. Best look.

I'm pretty sure the previous owner powder coated them. But it's actually a lighter grey. Brake dust just changes the color of them (which is actually pretty cool as I have a wheel that can be two colors LOL).

Last edited:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Emptied my catch can after ~1k miles. Probably emptied it way too early as there was pretty much nothing, but hey, makes me feel better LOL

tjasko

Go Kart Champion

Seems like your torque ramps up a bit different than mine, but hp is about spot on with my numbers. Im curious how we would run against eachother!

Yeah I never asked AU regarding the super fast peak from 1.8k to 3k. The car runs fine, so I assume it's just my specific setup. I'm not complaining though, it's hella fun hahaha

I'm curious too how we'd do next to each other. I may have a slight advantage due to the Haldex controller, but it'd definitely be a close one.

Last edited:

INV2LAW

Passed Driver's Ed
nice build, nothing too crazy. thats what im looking forward to do with mine. how do you like you haldex competition controller? do you feel a difference during normal spirited driving? would have gone with the adjustable controller instead?

tjasko

Go Kart Champion

nice build, nothing too crazy. thats what im looking forward to do with mine. how do you like you haldex competition controller? do you feel a difference during normal spirited driving? would have gone with the adjustable controller instead?

Thanks! Yeah, she's my daily so I didn't want it to be too crazy.

The Haldex controller was a great investment. I immediately felt the difference after driving it; like you can guess, the biggest difference is when you give it WOT from a dig. In the canyons it helps significantly as the specific controller that I have (HPA Competition) can keep the driveline engaged under braking, so it makes coming out of corners hella fun; from what HPA says, it's very similar to their "race mode". Totally recommend it despite it being expensive, but you can find deals on the forum like I did. I wasn't going to pay $1.1k retail for it.

Regarding the adjustable controller, you know, you can add it after the fact if you want too... so it's not like I couldn't get it. However I personally feel that the programming the controller comes with is fine. I guess I could only see people truly wanting it to send more power to the rear.

I noticed you're in Long Beach. If you're ever out to a Last Sunday cruise, feel free to hit me up and I'll give you a ride. :)

Last edited:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Ordered the last Neuspeed part I want... I'll install the front sway after I buy some SuperPro control arms because you might as well upgrade it while you're at it...

Also because I'm slowly preparing my R to be a track monster for when Fastivus comes around :p

Last edited:

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Ordered the last Neuspeed part I want... I'll install the front sway after I buy some SuperPro control arms because you might as well upgrade it while you're at it...

Also because I'm slowly preparing my R to be a track monster for when Fastivus comes around :p

You do realize neuspeed Last Sunday meet is this weekend right? All neuspeed parts 30% off

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my Neuspeed front sway today! SuperPro control arms, SuperPro front end links, SuperPro ball joints, and a couple other things will be going on the car soon. After this the suspension is going to be rock solid.

Dubbin_Mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked up my Neuspeed front sway today! SuperPro control arms, SuperPro front end links, SuperPro ball joints, and a couple other things will be going on the car soon. After this the suspension is going to be rock solid.

Gawt dang Taylor! I haven't been in the forums in a long while. Glad to finally see you now have a build thread and my oh my :wub:loving your build. Teach me your ways :drool: