GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will the Pierburg Piston DV (Rev D) stop the squealing caused by my intake and tune?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I recently installed a Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake and a Stratified ECU Tune and the screaming sound has become unbearable.

I know the GFB DV+ will take care of this issue, but it's pretty pricey for what it is. Some say the Rev D will take care of this issue, and some say it won't.

To those who have the Rev D, did it take care of that horrible squeal?

FF_animal

Ready to race!
The GFB dv+ does seem a little pricey but is worth it in my book. Good quality and gets the job done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
The GFB dv+ does seem a little pricey but is worth it in my book. Good quality and gets the job done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve had both, they honestly both perform the same they just have a slightly different discharge sound. Either one is better than the rev C or any other revision dv one might have lol that flute sound was annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flygti98

I’ve had both, they honestly both perform the same they just have a slightly different discharge sound. Either one is better than the rev C or any other revision dv one might have lol that flute sound was annoying

I’m assuming if I’m hearing that screeching, my 2012 didn’t come with the Rev D, yeah? Probably going to the D instead of the GFB one.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I’m assuming if I’m hearing that screeching, my 2012 didn’t come with the Rev D, yeah? Probably going to the D instead of the GFB one.

That is correct, when I had switched to the Rev D it went away and boosted much better. It’s a lot cheaper yea plus it gives a sweet discharge sound. Mine sounded like the noise of a “big turbo” sound with a pigeon like flutter. It sounded sweet, that was when I had the p-flo too

JSwag420

Ready to race!
That is correct, when I had switched to the Rev D it went away and boosted much better. It’s a lot cheaper yea plus it gives a sweet discharge sound. Mine sounded like the noise of a “big turbo” sound with a pigeon like flutter. It sounded sweet, that was when I had the p-flo too

Awesome, going to order one up this week!

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I had the rev D and still had the screech, put a GFB DV+ and that made it go away.

lleron

Ready to race!
I've had both plus the AWE mechanical valve and all three "squeal" so I just gave up and learned to live with it. This is with both the stock turbo and K04.
It seems like it varies from car to car for some reason. :iono:

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Never understood that, had a whine under throttle changed the DV and had the Rev C which had a rip in the diaphragm. Replaced it with a Rev D and had the screech even worse. Changed it to the DV+ and finally gone. With some it works, for me it didn’t. I have the CTS turbo intake if that makes a difference.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
As another data point I had loud squeal under moderate to heavy boost (6-15psi) on APR stage 1. Replaced my original Rev. C DV with the Pierburg Rev. D and the squeal went away. I've only driven a few thousand miles since the switch but the DV is holding strong. I also noticed much smoother power delivery when transitioning off/on throttle which much improved drivability. I say go for the Pierburg!

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
well shit

For the majority of the people it goes away with the Rev D, don’t be alarmed by these rare cases in which it didn’t go away for others. I personally had both and neither one screeched or any of that. My Rev C was ripped as well when I had it looked at.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I have the GFB DV+ and the rev D DV, i still have the sqeal. Squealing started when i changed to the IE intake, when i had my carbino intake it was quiet.