GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

so, if you had to do it all again, would you?

MakiNn

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope probably would have found another nice Audi for a similar price. I like the GTI but don't love it. I could sell it tomorrow with all the stuff I have done to it and not loose s ounce of sleep on it or think of it ever again

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't because I hate FWD. OTOH, I keep flip flopping on if I will go with an MK7 R or not, but I definitely will NOT purchase another FWD vehicle again when AWD and RWD options exist. The TTRS is also an option, but I'd never hear the end of it from my wife if I spent that much on a car. We'll just have to see how well my consulting business does in 2018 to be sure. :D

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Nope.

Was between the GTI and a WRX and would buy a WRX instead if I could go back. Would ideally like an evo 8 or 9 but they weren't/aren't in my price range.

I've increasingly fallen out of love with the GTI in the past couple years. But, I'm deep enough in that its staying until it dies.

Not that I'm trying to turn this into a ripping on the car fest. It's fairly fun and pretty cool and has style. But its been very unreliable and at 60,000 miles mine feels like a loose POS rattle box. Which for the car that's supposed to have superior German build quality, comfort and interior as compared to its JDM competitors is pretty disappointing.

I loved my Subaru, and I miss a lot about it, but if you're concerned with rattles, the Subaru will rattle twice as bad, in half the miles. Having gutted the interiors of both, I can tell you that the fit and finish the the GTI is much, much better. You'll be chasing rattles in the Subaru right away. To be fair, my Subaru seemed to rattle just as much over regular roads as it did over rough roads and potholes, the GTI is nice and quiet on smooth roads, but if you don't swerve for potholes it feels like you're going to break the entire front end off. I'm tempted to drop down to 16" wheels just so I can have some sidewall to work with.

ben_m

Ready to race!
From a practical standpoint, I would say yes. Car hasn't caused any real problems. Fits multiple car seats and kids crap that I have to lug around.

But part of me wishes I bought a used 3series or IS300 for like 10k. I primarily drive to a train station so the car just doesn't see a ton of mileage. Then I could have saved a good 15K and used that to get my wife a SUV since having 2 smaller cars is sometimes a PITA.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
No.

Three water pumps, headliner, now the valve gasket leaking. Looming timing chain tensioner job as well. All this at just 58K miles. As soon as its paid off, i will get rid of it.

MK7 is a lot better platform so will prob jump on the 7.

pashley

Ready to race!
Yes. As some have mentioned, I would have liked to work with an R instead of a GTI, but I have loved this car for 7 years and modifying the hell out of it has been a blast. I've learned so much working with this thing.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i love this thing and ill keep it til it dies at this point but I wont ever buy another Volkswagen. The reliability has been a fucking roller coaster of emotions.