GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guess the damage estimate...win a cookie...

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
That’s horrible. Sorry but at least everyone is ok. I’m going to guess 7995.00. Take it to a good place and hopefully it comes back the same.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I'm just here for the part out.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
No Price is Right rules here, peeps. Not closest without going over, just closest. Some of those predictions are cray, cray. 17K? 12K? Srsly? Can't believe it would come close to those numbers unless there's internal damage. Book value on it can't be too much more than 9K or so.

I should probably add an extra level too. Shop estimate versus insurance company estimate.

Got a Mazda 3 for a rental. Lookin' at prolly 3-4 weeks. FML. Hilarious that people compare these cars to the GTI. Not even in the same universe.

No ticket. Following too close warning. It's bullshit considering the circumstances and what the girls in the car I hit were saying about the situation, but I fully expected to get something since I struck from behind.

No, I-691 to I-91 merge.

Yes'th.

Doesn't seem to be any structural damage to the suspension. Tough to tell last night because I had to drive with a part of the fender well rubbing on the top of my tire. Jacked it up this morning and took it out. Drove to the shop and it seems to ride normal. No pulling or vibrations.

Air bags didn't deploy. That could be the difference maker.
Did your seat belts lock?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
what is it OP??

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
tell me the god damn price already. This is the internet and by the rules of the internet its been 24 hours which means we should be on a new topic already.

Lol JK.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I estimate $3,800- would be considerably higher if xenon headlights.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
car is paid off
mileage over 125K

DAMAGE is beyond the value of the car.....likely.

Mr2U

Passed Driver's Ed
yes very close to a write off, especially if the front fender has been pushed
back towards the drivers door much. $9400

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE:

Meant to update this thread earlier, but forgot.

Anyway, received an estimate from my insurer. The body shop is basically working off that number. They're battling it out because my insurer wants them to use used parts for all repairs to save money. The shop is obviously pushing back. I know the owner and he knows what I want...new parts and a perfect job.

So, they're at an impasse.

I don't want to use the number that was provided by the insurer as it's likely to change before the work is done. The only hint I'll provide is to say that most in this thread are off.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm glad your shop is going to bat for you. Many times a used part needs to be worked & ends up costing as much or more than a new part. Good luck I hope this works out for you.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Could prolly find fix this for under 1K if doing it yourself.
Our mk6 is getting old. Fender hood bumper can be found at any local junkyard.
Shop will charge approx 7K