GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drove an R yesterday, what a blast!

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
damn, I can't drive my GTI without thinking of the black R that I drove... it was awesome to say the least. Liked the power and LOVED the turbo spool with the windows down! makes me want an intake, though intakes always seem to only have the blowoff sound. One thing I noticed is the weight. the car somehow felt much beefier and the steering felt slightly less direct. on the whole a great ride! I wish I had one so bad lol... thanks to that car I may just have to go revo stage 1 + p flo. no real point to this thread, just had to vent out of happiness. :thumbup:

DummyBear

Ready to race!
does the R has an aftermarket intake? cuz i cant hear mine hahahaha

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I think I'll be stage one before the summer finishes if I can come up with the cash... will a tune help the turbo spool noise? what a ricer question lol but it was half the fun of the car honestly. and the Golf R intake is pretty similar to the GTIs I think... only because its a bigger turbo it spools loudly. KO4 if I'm not mistaken. my dealer does Revo unofficially now... should I buy my books for class... or 90 pounds of torque... :23:

r1eater

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I'll be stage one before the summer finishes if I can come up with the cash... will a tune help the turbo spool noise? what a ricer question lol but it was half the fun of the car honestly. and the Golf R intake is pretty similar to the GTIs I think... only because its a bigger turbo it spools loudly. KO4 if I'm not mistaken. my dealer does Revo unofficially now... should I buy my books for class... or 90 pounds of torque... :23:

I've had my R for about a week now and I already put stage 1, intake, apr exhaust and its so much more fun now. My MPG is going down but only because I cant stay off the gas LOL. I wasnt completely sure if I should get the Stage 1 tune but after driving my friends R with it and also the sale ending last friday, I said what the heck and did it. I'm so glad I did!!:happyanim:

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I've had my R for about a week now and I already put stage 1, intake, apr exhaust and its so much more fun now. My MPG is going down but only because I cant stay off the gas LOL. I wasnt completely sure if I should get the Stage 1 tune but after driving my friends R with it and also the sale ending last friday, I said what the heck and did it. I'm so glad I did!!:happyanim:

my MPG is already down because I'm flooring it at every available opportunity to prove to myself that my GTI isn't slow... to no avail. what intake did you use and how do you like the power/ sound? lets be honest here sound is half the fun of an intake lol

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I test drove one a few days ago when mine was in for service. Now I cant shake it!! I kinda feel like every time I look at parts for my gti I just keep thinking about the R. And especially now with 0% financing on 2012's. If they had a rising blue 2 door sun and nav on the lot there would have been more discussions.

dponeill

I just bought a carbon steel grey R with sunroof and nav this evening. Will be picking it up on Thursday.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
thats the problem with test driving it... now my car feels hopelessly inadequate :cry:

I wish VW based the base R off the base GTI rather than base the base R of the top of the line GTI. imagine the price difference. but then again, it wouldn't be the top of the line sporty model anymore.