GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover heights?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I had my PSS10's from my GTI installed on my R and I just recently measured the FTG and found that my left front is 1/4" higher than the other 3, which are all at 24.5".

I've got an appointment next week for them to look at this as all 4 corners on my GTI were the same, so I would expect this to be true on my R. Am I correct in assuming this?

My mechanic at VW thinks that possibly the bolt that the holds the strut may have been installed wrong, in as much as it is not letting the strut drop fully.

What do you guys think?
:iono:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Possible.

My front right was/is about 1/4" higher after I installed springs haven't measured it since I put them in though.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
So, after the dealership checking this out, they say all is good and it's the other 3 that need to be raised.

I mean WTF??? Not really the answer I was looking for.:mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

Can anyone shed some light on this, or is this just a fact of life for my R?:iono::iono:

I guess an FTG of 24.75" isn't bad, but.....

rayjhon740

Do i have to remove the whole coilover to adjust height on a buddy club suspension for a Acura RSX Type S?
i used to have a tein ss suspension on my civic and all had to do was take the wheels off and adjust. just bought this acura with the buddy club suspension and people are telling me i have to remove the whole suspension to adjust height.if this is not true is there a owners manual for this suspension.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Wait! You can put GTI coilovers on an R? :iono: As far as I know, the R is different and the weight distribution is also different. That could be the reason to your driver side being lower. Shouldn't the R have different spring rates?

Last edited:

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Wait! You can put GTI coilovers on an R? :iono: As far as I know, the R is different and the weight distribution is also different. That could be the reason to your driver side being lower. Shouldn't the R have different spring rates?

PSS10's are the only ones that can be used on both the GTI and R, same part #.

The PSS10 are a progressive spring, which is why they'll work.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
that's good enough... you don't want to be too low on an awd car.. ;)

it might have to be, but a couple of R owner's that I've contacted are at 24.4 -24.5" all the way around on the same setup. Still pursuing for now....

Pacific German

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

PSS10's are the only ones that can be used on both the GTI and R, same part #.

Many suspension kits interchange, off the top of my head PSS, PSS10, and Koni Sport shocks are the same numbers between the GTI and GolfR.

24.5" ftg, are you on stock wheels / tires? PSS on a 225/35/19 will limit you at a 25 ftg at the fronts unless you are creative

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Many suspension kits interchange, off the top of my head PSS, PSS10, and Koni Sport shocks are the same numbers between the GTI and GolfR.

24.5" ftg, are you on stock wheels / tires? PSS on a 225/35/19 will limit you at a 25 ftg at the fronts unless you are creative

Yup, on the stock Talladegas.