GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Heel Pain from Driving?

justino

Have you guys tried dedicated driving shoes with the round heels?

Having a shoe with the typical squared off heel with an "edge" would just intuitively put pressure on a smaller spot on your foot and might be causing your problems. The weight of your foot/leg is resting on the back of your shoe, that then gets focused on your heel by said "edge".

Interesting idea - I haven't tried that. I generally wear running shoes (one of the many "solutions" a doc gave me) that have padded heels, but that could be worth a shot. Thanks for the thought.

DaveMurphy

It sound like Plantar Fasciitis. I think you should contact your doctor. Because in that case only a professional podiatrist will help you to remove your heel pain as soon as possible.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I don't think it I have this. I never have a sharp pain that goes away. It is just a dull pain on the back 'edge' of my heel whenever I put pressure on it.

That is why I thought this is strange, I am no truck driver, and I don't commute more than a couple miles a day to work. I am only 24.

I think I will pay the Clinic a visit this weekend and find out what is going on.

A few months ago, I had the same exact pain. It feels like I stepped over a nail or something. Pain reliever medicines didn't do anything. Eventually, it went away on its own and I haven't had the pain ever since. I don't believe it has anything to do with driving. May be the way you sit perhaps.