GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New '13 Wolfsburg 4dr DSG, Lifetime powertrain warrany?

Babbo86

Hey all! First post here :D
I see lot of cars with $4,500+ off, and I'm considering buying a white base GTI :thumbup:

My situation:
Some CA dealers quoted me for ~$25,500 OTD (CA tax 9.5% .. -.-), I know I can go lower, but a dealer offered me $26,280 OTD + lifetime powertrain warranty.

The question:
Can you guys give me a thought on the this warranty?
HTML:
http://www.vwriverside.com/warranty.php
It sounds a good deal, and I wouldn't mind pay $1,000 more OTD.

Thanks!!

ct4surf

Passed Driver's Ed
It depends how long you are going to keep the car, and if you are going to modify it. Factory gives you 60k on the powertrain warranty.

If you keep it to 100k, you are only out of warranty for 40k miles. $1,000 is kind of expensive for peace of mind. It's not even VW/Audi, it's one of those sleazy 3rd party warranties. I'd probably take a pass.

CARSandHOCKEY

FWIW I picked up mine from Riverside VW in late January for 22,300 + fees, 24,415 OTD, threw in a hat and key chain, wouldn't do tint :( . I plan on keeping mine for the long haul, but I do most of my own wrenching so the extended warranty doesn't appeal to me. It may or may not be a VW warranty, but either way it's a separate business, and as such has to make a profit.

Also, FYI VW of Orange was the ONLY (trust me, I called or emailed ALL of them) other dealer in SoCal that was in the same price range, they may be closer to you.

Lastly, DO IT! You won't regret it.

Babbo86

It depends how long you are going to keep the car, and if you are going to modify it. Factory gives you 60k on the powertrain warranty.

If you keep it to 100k, you are only out of warranty for 40k miles. $1,000 is kind of expensive for peace of mind. It's not even VW/Audi, it's one of those sleazy 3rd party warranties. I'd probably take a pass.

I'm planning to keep it for at least 5 yrs or til the powertrain warranty expires. Maybe 100k, it all depends how I'll the GTI :D

FWIW I picked up mine from Riverside VW in late January for 22,300 + fees, 24,415 OTD, threw in a hat and key chain, wouldn't do tint :( . I plan on keeping mine for the long haul, but I do most of my own wrenching so the extended warranty doesn't appeal to me. It may or may not be a VW warranty, but either way it's a separate business, and as such has to make a profit.

Also, FYI VW of Orange was the ONLY (trust me, I called or emailed ALL of them) other dealer in SoCal that was in the same price range, they may be closer to you.

Lastly, DO IT! You won't regret it.

The offered me 26,200 OTD last month for a base GTI, DSG, 4dr!

I emailed again 10 or so dealers about a new '13 GTI DE/Wolfsburg in Cali, we'll see what happens in a few days :p