GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Full DeAutoKey HID/LED setup for Halogen Housing

godsspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
DeAutoKey: i do have a question.... these obviously dont secure to the OE housing like the normal bulbs, how are these secured?

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
DeAutoKey: i do have a question.... these obviously dont secure to the OE housing like the normal bulbs, how are these secured?
Are you wondering about the low beams or the high beams?

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

godsspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you wondering about the low beams or the high beams?

i was referring to the lows.... i checked your op and you mentioned using the no tap hardness/adapter. i was about to order these the other day and i saw the option to add that to my harness but now i don't. the page for the lights mentions your car may need it, but i dont see it listed at the bottom.

(i have a 2010 JSW)

Edit: found em

Last edited:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
i was referring to the lows.... i checked your op and you mentioned using the no tap hardness/adapter. i was about to order these the other day and i saw the option to add that to my harness but now i don't. the page for the lights mentions your car may need it, but i dont see it listed at the bottom.

(i have a 2010 JSW)

Glad you found them. Yeah I would DEFINITELY get the no tap adapters on those. They are good. You might have to file a bit of the plastic on it as the mold isn't perfect. Also, be careful not to crack them when slotting the wires in. Just a couple of tips :).

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

(i have a 2010 JSW)

Glad you found them. Yeah I would DEFINITELY get the no tap adapters on those. They are good. You might have to file a bit of the plastic on it as the mold isn't perfect. Also, be careful not to crack them when slotting the wires in. Just a couple of tips :).
:thumbsup: yes, thanks.

No-taps is the way to go for the H7rc low beams.

rmetanes

Passed Driver's Ed
Headlight flashing

I know HID takes some time to warm up. does this mean if I need to Headlight flash some one I wont be able if I install HID on the high beam?

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I know HID takes some time to warm up. does this mean if I need to Headlight flash some one I wont be able if I install HID on the high beam?
No it works just fine for me. The initial pulse on the lights is bright enough, it's after that pulse that they settle to the stable warm up phase.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rmetanes

Passed Driver's Ed
No it works just fine for me. The initial pulse on the lights is bright enough, it's after that pulse that they settle to the stable warm up phase.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you have a short video it can be nice to see how it looks like.
I can also share how my looks after the installation if you wish to see.
BTW I'm rami metanes on FB :)

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
If you have a short video it can be nice to see how it looks like.
I can also share how my looks after the installation if you wish to see.
BTW I'm rami metanes on FB :)

I'll try dude, but I'm getting ready for a babby, so can't promise much. Rami eh? I used to know a Rami when I lived in Beirut.

vwGOLF6

Can you just stick the ballast with 3M?

What is working temperature from the ballast, driver and the error canceler?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
We have something much better out - the H15 LEDs - plug and play / much brighter and a lot easier to install:
http://deautokey.com/product/h15-da...00-plug-play-fits-many-volkswagen-audi-models

Video: