GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I know the procedure I just want to know what product to use to clean it. I'm sure a degreaser or detergent in a bucket will work instead of buying a relabeled K&N degreaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Faber

Any issues with cracking on the newer brackets? Did that solve the issue, or are people still having problems? Would like to pick one of these up soon.

baniels

Ready to race!
Mine's been going strong. I'd frankly be surprised if the beefed-up replacement bracket failed. It is plenty stout.

Any issues with cracking on the newer brackets? Did that solve the issue, or are people still having problems? Would like to pick one of these up soon.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've had mine for almost a year now, no problems.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up the IE Intake to replace my Carbonio Stage 1 and 2.

Holy shit, I am in love! I've always complained that the Carbonio was quiet, but it's hard to really judge how loud an open air is through videos and didn't know if the cost was worth it or if it was only going to be a minor increase.
Nope, shit's loud AF! :eek: :drool:

The turbo spool and intake breathing is just off the charts loud, and the blow off/diverter closing is as loud as, or louder than, the forge adapter ring, but with none of the drawbacks associated with losing boost between shifts :thumbup:

If you want a loud intake, pick this up, I am in ricer heaven right now :wub::wub:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up the IE Intake to replace my Carbonio Stage 1 and 2.

Holy shit, I am in love! I've always complained that the Carbonio was quiet, but it's hard to really judge how loud an open air is through videos and didn't know if the cost was worth it or if it was only going to be a minor increase.

Nope, shit's loud AF! :eek: :drool:

The turbo spool and intake breathing is just off the charts loud, and the blow off/diverter closing is as loud as, or louder than, the forge adapter ring, but with none of the drawbacks associated with losing boost between shifts :thumbup:

If you want a loud intake, pick this up, I am in ricer heaven right now :wub::wub:

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!!

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Replaced intake tube mounting broke again and installed in early July. Anyone has same problem?
20170915_144616_HDR-1664x936.jpg

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I know i'm bringing back a dead thread but does anyone know the diameter of the stage 2 portion of this intake? Just for fitment of the Uni DV relocate coupler without spending like $25 on the 2.5" one.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I know i'm bringing back a dead thread but does anyone know the diameter of the stage 2 portion of this intake? Just for fitment of the Uni DV relocate coupler without spending like $25 on the 2.5" one.

I think it’s between 2.75-3” that it tapers down to. I had the relocation kit and never had issues with their upper intake pipe. You should be ok.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I think it’s between 2.75-3” that it tapers down to. I had the relocation kit and never had issues with their upper intake pipe. You should be ok.

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know.