GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Importing Scirroco

Jet DH

Passed Driver's Ed
OK - so id like to get a Scirroco from Canada. Has anyone done this and what does it take to really do it legally? Or just get one and drive it anyway?
I would get another Golf, but they don't have any more two door versions. At least that I can find. If I could find a new 2015 somewhere, I'd get that. - Buuuutt--- cant find one hidden in the back corner of some dealer lot anywhere.

Phur

Autocross Champion
First off, they have new sciroccos in Canada?
Second, if I’m not mistaken, you would be unable to register it in the US because it essentially has not been vetted by our government safety bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
OK - so id like to get a Scirroco from Canada. Has anyone done this and what does it take to really do it legally? Or just get one and drive it anyway?
I would get another Golf, but they don't have any more two door versions. At least that I can find. If I could find a new 2015 somewhere, I'd get that. - Buuuutt--- cant find one hidden in the back corner of some dealer lot anywhere.

The answer is no.

HPA got them to North America and was able to get them to certain states that are more friendly to kit cars. They did not just import and sell Euro Scirroccos. They imported rolling chassis and then went to work installing 3.2 and 3.6 engines and tons of mods etc and selling as KIT car. Tricky to do and their cars back in 2010 or so when they did this were going for around 70,000 to 100,000 plus US dollars depending on what you wanted in your KIT.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Are Rocco’s not available in the states then?

zrickety

The Fixer

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i read that they may be getting rid of the scirocco altogether.....

Phur

Autocross Champion
Old ones are allowed in the states.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I kinda dig those too though.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

Buy one, drive it, let us know the results.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie

Jet DH

Passed Driver's Ed
AS I understood from web research there may be some in Canada. I think the 17's are the last model year they will have
I know it is also getting retired after this year.

I'd even be willing to get a 2015 or16 if it is still a new car.
I even do the if I can find a two door golf left over in the US.

I really don't understand why US and Europe quit making basic two door cars. At least unless they are really sporty models that are like Audi TT's or BMW's

I wonder if I just went and got one if myself - if my car ins would cover it?