GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weight + Corner Balance

who128

Ready to race!
Just wanted to give a general idea of what an mk6 can weigh about.

I recently corner balanced my car for the track with the following items.
- 3/4 full tank of gas
- removed ass portion of rear seat
- removed spare wheel and all the styrofoam stuff in the trunk
- Driver bucket seat
- OZ ultraleggera 18x8 235/40 tires
- Stoptech ST40 BBk
- Bilstein PSS10
- SuperPro LCA

I weigh 128lb so subtract that from the total of 3142lb = 3014lb

The weight distribution should be ignored here since this is a corner balance number.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Aftermarket exhaust pulls a little weight off too

zef

Drag Racing Champion
2 door or 4 door? dsg or 6 speed?

My DSG 2 door with 1/2 tank and no rear seat, no spare tire weighed in just under 2900.

who128

Ready to race!
4dr, MT, no drivetrain modification that includes stock downpipe and exhaust. All stock motor except for suspension parts.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
2 door or 4 door? dsg or 6 speed?

My DSG 2 door with 1/2 tank and no rear seat, no spare tire weighed in just under 2900.

hmm thats good to know, i was under the impression my 4dr with similar mods would weigh north of 3000 if not still close to 3100.

i believe the 4 doors weigh only 50 or so more than a 2 door? and no sunroof helps all of us of course.

who128

Ready to race!
hmm thats good to know, i was under the impression my 4dr with similar mods would weigh north of 3000 if not still close to 3100.

i believe the 4 doors weigh only 50 or so more than a 2 door? and no sunroof helps all of us of course.

oh forgot to mention, i have sunroof. LOL

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious where you went to get your Bilsteins dialed in? Most people dont have their coil overs set up properly. Who corner balanced your car?

When I had my Evo's of yesteryear I went to Robi-Spec to have all my Chassis tuning done, but in the VW world I have no frickin clue who to go to.

Many of the SoCal Tuning shops dont know crap about VW's and will just take your money. Some of the so called VW tuning shops are hacks at least the couple I went to for quotes. Asked a few questions could tell they didn't know S H I T and never went back.

So where do you go??

I am hoping Rob at Robi-Spec can work on my VW if I do decide to tune and tinker on this car.

Because honestly, without proper chassis tuning? All the other mods just dont come together right.

Props to you OP for not doing Engine Mods first and working on the Suspension and Chassis first. I think that was very wise decision. :thumbsup:

Jeff

who128

Ready to race!
Just curious where you went to get your Bilsteins dialed in? Most people dont have their coil overs set up properly. Who corner balanced your car?

When I had my Evo's of yesteryear I went to Robi-Spec to have all my Chassis tuning done, but in the VW world I have no frickin clue who to go to.

Many of the SoCal Tuning shops dont know crap about VW's and will just take your money. Some of the so called VW tuning shops are hacks at least the couple I went to for quotes. Asked a few questions could tell they didn't know S H I T and never went back.

So where do you go??

I am hoping Rob at Robi-Spec can work on my VW if I do decide to tune and tinker on this car.

Because honestly, without proper chassis tuning? All the other mods just dont come together right.

Props to you OP for not doing Engine Mods first and working on the Suspension and Chassis first. I think that was very wise decision. :thumbsup:

Jeff

- I've had my PSS10s for 3 years now and so far so good. I'm not too sure what you mean by dialed in? I have tracked on them for 12 times

- I corner balanced my car at my friend's house. We have the scale and we have a fairly leveled surface. We used lasers to double check each corner to see how much of a height delta per side was and it was marginal like 1/4 of an inch on one corner. We also made sliding plates so the car actually sits normally on the scale.

Check out my track vids if you want. This one was the track day after i got my car corner balanced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg-XAbFqNkA

who128

Ready to race!
:lol: I guess so. Are you grown or are you still growing? Serious question not trying to be an asshole. Also, how the fuck do you defend yourself?

Is 24 grown? idk just not get into trouble? if there is trouble just pay someone to take care of business LOL.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
- I've had my PSS10s for 3 years now and so far so good. I'm not too sure what you mean by dialed in? I have tracked on them for 12 times

- I corner balanced my car at my friend's house. We have the scale and we have a fairly leveled surface. We used lasers to double check each corner to see how much of a height delta per side was and it was marginal like 1/4 of an inch on one corner. We also made sliding plates so the car actually sits normally on the scale.

Check out my track vids if you want. This one was the track day after i got my car corner balanced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg-XAbFqNkA

Just "Dial In" is just making sure your sitting proper is all. Nothing fancy. I have seen cars off by a bit and they dont even know it. On my Evo's I did stuff myself thinking it was golden, took it to a pro and and found it was off a frickin mile.

Chassis tuning really is an art form. On FWD with High HP especially a proper chassis tune can make a huge difference.

Stock Performance can benefit as well. Made a HUGE difference in my Evo's even stock.

I am just having a hard time finding folks that actually know what they are doing to help me with mods IF I decide to go down that path. Im still stock after 5 yrs and no track time on this car at all.

Was VERY close to going with my Sister to a Street Legal AutoX session in San Diego last week, but running OEM brake pads and A/S tires? Im too competitive to run this car like that haha. Need at least some good rubber before I make my first attempt in my GTI. Qualcomm Stadium is getting demolished soon so not sure where SCCA will set up next. Hopefully not too far away...

I still have Chuckawalla Raceway not too far away, but its not for AutoX though.

Good Luck with your track time. :thumbsup:

Jeff