GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

tziana

Many of us would like to change our oem wheels with aftermarket lightweight...So the purpose of this thread is pictures of our GTI with ligtweight wheels and information about offset,lbs etc...

Last edited:

tziana

Enkei RC-T4
17.42 lbs
I like it :w00t:

tziana

Neuspeed RSe07 18'
19.3 lbs

Neuspeed RSe14 19'
21 lbs

tziana

Raderwerks LW-10 18'
19 lbs

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
21lbs isn't really "lightweight"... typically, many would say anything under 19lbs is more on the lightweight side. A lot of OZ and Enkei rims are very nice looking and low weight.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
it's not on my car yet pending repainting... i have adv1 seven three piece at 19lbs.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
21lbs isn't really "lightweight"... typically, many would say anything under 19lbs is more on the lightweight side. A lot of OZ and Enkei rims are very nice looking and low weight.

It's pretty good for a 19" wheel though.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Wouldn't mind a set of RSe07.....or LW10 actually.....next year....

Which one of those would you guys go with?

tziana

OZ Ultraleggera 18'
18.5 lbs

Last edited:

tziana

Enkei RPF1 17'
15.2 lbs

Enkei RPF1 18'
17.6 lbs

tziana

Sparco assetto gara 18'
20.3 lbs

shappy

Passed Driver's Ed
At the risk of asking a stupid question, is there any downside to having lighter rims (say going from the heavy Detroits to something weighing 20lbs or less)? For example, does it require revised spring rates?

Thanks!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
At the risk of asking a stupid question, is there any downside to having lighter rims (say going from the heavy Detroits to something weighing 20lbs or less)? For example, does it require revised spring rates?

Thanks!

Aside from possibly being weaker, not really any downside....spring rate is primarily(grossly simplified sense) concerned with body control of the car....not the unsprung side...