GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Noise Pipe 2011 GTI MKVI USA

jasunto

Ready to race!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I saw in some threads where people asked about the 2011 model and if it has this on it and mine doesn't have the noise pipe on it. It is a USA model and i bought it in Florida. One less mod to do. Now if this Carbonio intake would make it through back order status I would be good.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 436
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 335
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 340

heartcoke

Ready to race!
I thought everyone already knew this, no offense fellow Floridian.

Grats on your new GTI though.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Is there a cap over the hole to the previous sound generator? The contrast on my work computer isnt the best.

Attachments

• photo%202.JPG
    photo%202.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 389

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Wonder why they kept it on the 2010 and not on the 2011. Seems like a cost saving issue.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Now whos gonna be the first to add a noise pipe onto their 2011? I heart noise pipe.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
Now whos gonna be the first to add a noise pipe onto their 2011? I heart noise pipe.

I want to plug mine along with a APR S1/2 intake, seems like two easy things to bump a little more power and response from the GTI.

gkallis

Ready to race!
What is the benefit or removing the noise pipe? is it worth the 100$?

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Is there a cap over the hole to the previous sound generator?

Yes.

The "noisemaker" firewall pass-through has two openings. The no "noisemaker" firewall pass-through has only one opening (for wiring).

The P/N's for the single opening is:
1K0-971-866-A - Firewall Plug
1K0-971-865-A – Firewall Clip

jasunto

Ready to race!
I took it in the bright sun under the hood with iphone, there isnt a cap per say, but there is a blockage in the way, i can grab a better photo tomorrow, but it seems like every one knew this, i was reading some noise pipe threads yesterday and all i was seeing is that someone vouched for the canada model. I wanted the '11 guys to know to save their money. I just ordered the carbonio intake, then i will do exhaust and then apr tune, not sure if i want turbo back 3" since they sound kind of rough, like they dont belong on the car, maybe thats youtube. maybe 1" drop later. I hope these dectane lights are up to par since i am dying for projectors and HIDs, they told me 2011 require a huge package to get bi-zenon. I will try to make another thread, but this is mine, 6 speed manual, 4 door.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 212
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 253
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 221
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG