GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best turbo for unitronic stage 2+

lasesking

Ready to race!
Okay okay everyone is gonna say search search and search. Well I tried amd tried but nothing will show up! So anyways ive been wondering whats the best complete k04 setup yo run uni stage 2+. Like can I run APR's k04 with uni software. Or should I run the CTS k04? Also would upgrading engine internals be necessary?!?! Please let me hear answers not smart A** marks! Im knew to the VW seen and I have not much knowledgw with this.

Thanks!!

CTS k04 and you don't need to upgrade internals.. Unitronic is coming out with their own kit very soon, so if you are not in hurry you could wait. Doesn't make sense to buy APR if you don't run APR software, waste of money.

Loba and Frankenstein are the hype at the moment but I believe rather stick with what's proven... at least for now.

Personally Clay from CTS is very profesional, I bought their k04 and intercooler and the whole process was very easy..

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Yes you can use a APR K04 with Uni stage2+ (ko4) I I'm running that setup. No internals are not needed

Maloooooch

They are all very similar. APR's is machined for a stock location DV and other require a kit to relocate it. Performance wish, a k04 is a k04. Also no internals are necessary.

nuisancecc

Ready to race!
If you are in the market for a K04 keep your eye on the marketplace as they are for sale pretty frequently, there is one there right now as a matter of fact. The kits are all the same when it comes down to it; they all are the same turbo it's just the extras and what not that are different.

lasesking

Ready to race!
Thanks guys. Big help!! Hopefully soon uni will cone with their own k04. I wanna have it all done by sunmer!

Thanks guys. Big help!! Hopefully soon uni will cone with their own k04. I wanna have it all done by sunmer!

Well you can prepare the supporting mods by then:

Intercooler: Unitronic, you just missed a huge bargain in the sale thread, CTS also good, APR is the best but $$
Turbo outlet pipe: can do without but if you already have the intercooler down its worth changing it, will reduce a bit the turbo lag
Downpipe: unitronic also has it, you just missed their first annual sales, many choices.. I personally like Eurojet, great quality.
BOV: Forge
Air intake: just wait for a good bargain here, carbonio, forge twin take, many good choices

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
My setup is CTS K04 + Uni Stage 2+. I can't see any difference between the K04 kits in the market to be honest. Just save your money and get the best priced one.

lasesking

Ready to race!
Yeah I have everything already leading up to a flash and turbo. Ill probbly go with cts since it seems to be the cheapest so far. Cant wait I bet its amazzzing!!

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Well you can prepare the supporting mods by then:

Intercooler: Unitronic, you just missed a huge bargain in the sale thread, CTS also good, APR is the best but $$
Turbo outlet pipe: can do without but if you already have the intercooler down its worth changing it, will reduce a bit the turbo lag
Downpipe: unitronic also has it, you just missed their first annual sales, many choices.. I personally like Eurojet, great quality.
BOV: Forge
Air intake: just wait for a good bargain here, carbonio, forge twin take, many good choices

Isn't the forge DV crap? My shop I got tuned at told me to remove my forge DV and put the stock back on? I still have the Forge one tho. Also, from the giant review I've read on the Forge DV there was no gain what so ever from putting it on. Can anyone back me up here?