GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Springs/spacers and alignment question

austinm2011

Ready to race!
I'm running a stock suspension w/ karthoums now but I'm installing H&R super sports and 10mm spacers in the rear, possibly 5mm up front.
A few questions:
Will 10mm in the rear and 5mm in the front be fine with this setup?
From my understanding, 10mm and up are all hubcentric, but are there 5mm hubcentric spacers and also would it matter if they weren't?
I'm planning to get them all done at once so I only need one alignment. But, if I didn't get an alignment after the springs how bad might it be to run the car for a few hundred miles before doing the spacers and alignment?

I'm more function/form so if 10mm are gonna rub at all I'll just pass on the spacers.
thanks for the help

austinm2011

Ready to race!

Nitron

Ready to race!
In my opinion, you don't need spacers. Your wheels are already 1/2 inch wider than stock wheels, but share the same offset.

I say install springs and drive the car for awhile. Then decide if you still want spacers.

Then get the alignment when you're all done.

P_RsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told that lowering with springs wont put the alignment out of specs. I am about to do H&R sports without alignment. Ill drive it around for a few hundred and then see if I feel it needs to get aligned.

austinm2011

Ready to race!
I was told that lowering with springs wont put the alignment out of specs. I am about to do H&R sports without alignment. Ill drive it around for a few hundred and then see if I feel it needs to get aligned.

How soon are you doing it? If you get the chance let me know how it feels or if you hear anything else about this :D

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I

That is incorrect. Any change to the height of the suspension changes the alignment. I made the mistake of not aligning mine after DG springs (tiny drop) and my poor tires suffered the consequences of lack of alignment.

d4dawg

Ready to race!
An alignment is needed after springs install, but not necessary if you are only adding spacers.