GOLFMKV

Golf R cabriolet rear bumper sides

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
they are called RABBIT VW GOLF VI CABRIOLET REAR SIDE PROTECTORS
and and you can get them for about $200+ at autostyle-usa.com

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I thought the same thing. Hangs a little lower on one area but nothing a little modification can't handle

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Looks like it is just an aftermarket add on thing. It isn't the actually oem part. Pretty sure te one on the golf cabriolet is part of the bumper because it looks like it flows with the bumper where as that peice looks like some weird thing that shouldn't be there.

dhl1010

Looks like they have the GTI bumper with different exhaust tips and some nice spoilers at the edges to flow better with the sides.

I have the R sides and I want these spoilers! Part numbers anyone?

I am sure people in Germany have sourced these..

The rear R spoiler part number is: 5K6807521AF041

The rear R side part number is: 5K7807603GRU & 5K7807604GRU.

Anyone knows the Side Skit part number?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I never in a million years would have thought they made a golf cabriolet... And an r at that!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The cabrio rear bumper is not compatible with the GTI hatchback, the cabrio has different outer tail lights with a sharp bottom corner, the GTI has a curve on the same corner with a corresponding curve on the bumper/body.

+ 2010 carbon steel grey GTI manual +

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The first mk6 R cabrio had the exhausts in the middle like the hatch,

the white one pictured above is MK7 generation, the cabrio in Europe always spans at least two generations of golf, the mk3 cabrio was face lifted with the release of the mk4, it had a mk3 rear and mk4 front, I don't think there was a mk5 cabrio at all!

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Is the cabriolet available in the USA?

Not sure! I don't think so though! As well as the R there is also a base model and GTI cabrio available (in Europe at least).