GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does my "shutdown sequence" sound normal?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
LINK TO AUDIO CLIP https://youtu.be/IHOTcmDUkF0

Today I was cleaning my car w/ the garage closed and it was very quiet. I do know that when you shut off the car/aux power, the car has a shutdown seqence of different noises that come from the engine bay. Today I had my hood open when I did this and I noticed the sound didn't seem right. Between it's usual high pitched beeps and clicks, a noise occured that sounds like an old squeaky metal door being opened/closed followed by one of those like old fashioned doorbells ringing. That's what the sound reminds me of. I tried it again and it would repeat the sound at the same time each time during the sequence. Is this normal?

Everything in my engine bay is completely untouched minus the new R8 coils and spark plugs I installed a few weeks ago. No issues w/ driving either. Is this noise normal?

I placed my phone right on the engine cover so you can hear it audibly (which is why it's so loud). The last few seconds are just me getting out of the car so ignore that noise.

Ideas?

Last edited:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Sounds normal to me. I know it's different with hood up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Sounds normal to me. I know it's different with hood up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Guess it's normal then. I don't think I've ever heard it w/ the hood up which is why it was alarming when it started making these squeaky hinge type noises.