GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs Civic SI (vid)

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
ZOMGMYGTIISSTAGETWOAMDITBEATACIVICANDIADDEDASPOILERANDITWENTZOOMANDBLEWALAMBORGHINIOFFTHEROADANDIOUTRUNCOPSANDIKILLEDAFERRARIOFFTHELIGHTANDITSTHEBESTTHINGEVER.

Mods on different cars affect each one differently. If you take two GTI's and put the same exact mods on them, id highly doubt theyd run the same numbers. Each brainbox inside the transmission and each ecu adapt differently. That goes for all cars, from civic si and gti, to full on grand touring race cars, up and down the spectrum. Alot more comes into play than just peak horsepower and torque, such as powerband, driver ability and competence, engine life, air density, temperature & elevation, tire pressures, etc etc.

Give it up already :)

I like your wording better! Lol:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I like your wording better! Lol:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cheers to you mate, and Lol just speakin the truth. Ive spent enough time in aftermarket car scenes and shops, from JDM, to euro, to american muscle to speak from experience. Cars take to modifications differently. (for the idiots lol: ever wonder why aftermarket companies say "up to..."?) its all so they cant be sued. Which is why a stock mk6 actually makes a little more hp than the sticker hp says. Same goes with SI i bet. Either way, just cuz one GTI makes X hp on the intake, doesnt mean another will, plus or minus. I make more PSI in AK in -30* F than i will in california. Guaranteed.

i don't hate civics, i hate civic drivers. well, except of course my grandma, she's the exception.

Thats too general of a statement. Not nearly even half of civic drivers mod their cars or act tough-shit. If that were the case way more civics would ve revvin on you at the stoplight. Most are people that think civic=economy car and buy it for that reason. Most racer kids are 16-19, and thats quite a small number when u take into account the sheer age range of honda drivers.

okay what i obviously meant was "civic tuners"

/obviousjoketakentooliterally.

The wine takes my sense ofsarcasm away, i digress and stand corrected. I can agree with you until i moved to alaska. Moving from cali and seeing that scene vs alaska its totally different. Civic "tuners" know their place strangely. They know how to identify a faster car, and show respect. Its shocking. But either way, i can agree that i do dislike the 2% of douche tuners, but at the same time i appreciate their passion and time spent to the aftermarket scene, as thats what helps us keep the SEMA actions going strong. If only SEMA relied on gti's and the like to fuel legislature, our laws would become alot more strict. Civics and their community of consumer friendly prices play a big part for the sheer number of them.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
where i'm from a solid 87% of civic tuners are loud mouthed "thug hood gangstas" that slap 4.5" exhausts on their cars with an intake, purple HID's, a bunch of stickers and carbon fiber, and think their car is the fastest and most badass thing on the streets.

about 8% are actual respectful tuners that have admittedly fast cars and the remaining 5% are kids that know they only got a civic because it was the only damn thing they could afford and ironically mod it to poke fun of their own car.

where i'm from a solid 87% of civic tuners are loud mouthed "thug hood gangstas" that slap 4.5" exhausts on their cars with an intake, purple HID's, a bunch of stickers and carbon fiber, and think their car is the fastest and most badass thing on the streets.

about 8% are actual respectful tuners that have admittedly fast cars and the remaining 5% are kids that know they only got a civic because it was the only damn thing they could afford and ironically mod it to poke fun of their own car.

Then that blows lol. But we still rely on those rice rockets to some extent. I would, and have, cruised with civics. No biggie as far as the tuners go. Most subies rule alaska, being snow september thru april here, But even theyre chill to failwheeldrives like us. Everyone just needs to get along. Stupid bigger-dick-my-four-cylinder-is-faster-than-yours is pointless. There will ALWAYS be a faster car, and thats why i rarely ever street race. Friendly goes for shits and giggles is one thing, but people that take forum racing and think their hardcore cuz they beat one another to the red light is DUMB AS SHIT and waitjng for their car to be impounded. STFU with the street racing and comparisons. If anyones that hard pressed to prove it they can do it in the 1/4 and compare timeslips. Fuck this thread, its bullshit. Wrong mentality for a tuner, regardless of $ invested and driver experience. If anybody had an extraordinary amount of driving experience and skill theyd b test drivers or instructors. Itll go nowhere and it will never end as long as people keep egging it on.

Ive never raced anyone i didnt know personally. I just dont think its worth all the variables that come into play. That cop over the hill? That baby in the SUV u hit while passing cuz ur tire blew? A hose pops loose? That little dip u didnt see coming that destroys ur undercarriage and cause your car to bleed all over the freeway? Your tires that suddenly dont grip as well as you thought they did? Drag ratios that may actually pull ur car to the side(s) at 150 plus as ive experienced that mess up handling and require immediate appropriate compensation in the right ratio? You cant plan for that.

And DJeuphoria, im not saying you. Just everybody in general who thinks redlight to redlight races are somehow badass..... Theyre not... Theyre dumb as fucking rocks. Buddy got his license taken by a undercover cop in a stage 2 WRX that was previously impounded but used by APD for that reason alone.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Someone race Wilber already lol

v6viking

Ready to race!
I had a Civic SI before my GTI and it was a great car. Only mods were a Mugen Short Throw Shifter/Knob...otherwise bone stock. Handled well, super reliable, good mileage and pulled well upstairs (granted, the lack of torque was brutally frustrating at times.)

Had the GTI for three months now...IMO the GTI is the superior car, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect, and sometimes miss the Si.

I am waiting to meet up with one at a stoplight though!! :burnrubber:

My $.02.

-Matt

I had a Civic SI before my GTI and it was a great car. Only mods were a Mugen Short Throw Shifter/Knob...otherwise bone stock. Handled well, super reliable, good mileage and pulled well upstairs (granted, the lack of torque was brutally frustrating at times.)

Had the GTI for three months now...IMO the GTI is the superior car, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect, and sometimes miss the Si.

I am waiting to meet up with one at a stoplight though!! :burnrubber:

My $.02.

-Matt

v6viking

Ready to race!