GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
So I was heading home from my friends house after watching the playoff finals. On highway, current Lexus IS350 or F (it had F logo, so not sure F sport or ISF), anyway, as I was about to get off my exit, he tried to cut me off and failed. So he tailgated me and floored it up to 120-130, so I followed suit on him shortly after, it took me a little while to catch him up until 110-120 mph. But it definitely wasn't an ISF, so it was quiet. But I kept up and reeled him in. We came to a lot of cars, so he scisored his way around and I stopped & continue driving at normal speed and got off next exit. I have no engine mods on mk7 btw. Excuse the grammar.

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
TSX flies past me going 110+ on the highway so I figure lets do this! Catch up to him and we're side by side at 110 and I'm waiting for him to slow down so we can honk it off. He pretends I'm not there. Like ??????????? You get cold feet or something??

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Ended up running a 335i a couple weeks ago on the way back from a huge German cruise that's in our area every year.

I had my wife and boys with me, he seemed to have 1 extra passenger as far as I could tell. I wouldn't take it too far because I had my boys with me, but we did 4 pulls from a roll, once from 50, once from 60, and twice from 70, I shut it down at 100 or just over every time, and he wanted to keep trying but I wouldn't keep risking it because it was starting to mist and that was plenty of reckless behavior when I have important cargo.

Every pull was almost identical, I pulled on him so that he was at my rear bumper, and then he would just sit there and neither of us would budge one way or the other. I'm happy enough with the results, given their trap speed and what ours typically is, results seem pretty on par.

Wish my parents would have bought one of them for me when I was his age though, he couldn't have been a day over 18...probably shouldn't have encouraged that kind of behavior...especially in my own situation. Stupid on both parts. Oh well.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Been driving for about 11 years now and I saw my very first accident happen right in front of me this week. I've seen the aftermath many times, but I've never seen an accident as it was happening.

This chick started going up an off ramp and just as it started to go up the bridge she had a tire blowout (I think) and it caused her to drive directly into a wall. Then she bounced off the wall and ended up in the third lane away facing the wrong direction.

I'm pretty sure it was caused by a blowout. There was a ripped up tire sitting in the middle of the road, but I wasn't sure if that happened when she hit the wall somehow. I didn't see what was going down until just a second before she hit the wall.

She seemed alright though, she was able to move the car off the road immediately.

Last edited:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Been driving for about 11 years now and I saw my very first accident happen right in front of me this week. I've seen the aftermath many times, but I've never seen an accident as it was happening.

This chick started going up an off ramp and just as it started to go up the bridge she had a tire blowout (I think) and it caused her to drive directly into a wall. Then she bounced off the wall and ended up in the third lane away facing the wrong direction.

I'm pretty sure it was caused by a blowout. There was a ripped up tire sitting in the middle of the road, but I wasn't sure if that happened when she hit the wall somehow. I didn't see what was going down until just a second before she hit the wall.

She seemed alright though, she was able to move the car off the road immediately.

Damn that's crazy, definitely a cool story (bro). I've had the unfortunate experience of being in an accident, and witnessing two accidents. Mine sucked, saw it coming what seemed like an eternity before it happened, but in reality it was only a second before impact, I stiffened up (braced, never do that by the way) and then got clobbered, nearly totalled the CC loaner I was in (15k in damage).
One that I witnessed was pretty minor, it happened behind me, minivan rear ended a utility style truck. Minivan wasn't paying attention and it was wet, he slide for days and just destroyed his front end, truck barely had a scratch.
The other one was pretty crazy, I had a lady trying to follow me on an on ramp - I had my 98 Eclipse RS, ballin', she was rocking a 4 runner or something similar - it was a 270 degree down a mild decline, I was taking the corner pretty fast, she tried to follow me and ended up rolling over the embankment and almost ended up in the freeway. I stopped, she was shaken, but okay. Cops asked me what happened, I told them straight up she was stupid and trying to follow me at my speed (too fast) around the corner, he looked at her car, looked at me, shook his head, and thanked me for stopping lol.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Damn that's crazy, definitely a cool story (bro). I've had the unfortunate experience of being in an accident, and witnessing two accidents. Mine sucked, saw it coming what seemed like an eternity before it happened, but in reality it was only a second before impact, I stiffened up (braced, never do that by the way) and then got clobbered, nearly totalled the CC loaner I was in (15k in damage).

One that I witnessed was pretty minor, it happened behind me, minivan rear ended a utility style truck. Minivan wasn't paying attention and it was wet, he slide for days and just destroyed his front end, truck barely had a scratch.

The other one was pretty crazy, I had a lady trying to follow me on an on ramp - I had my 98 Eclipse RS, ballin', she was rocking a 4 runner or something similar - it was a 270 degree down a mild decline, I was taking the corner pretty fast, she tried to follow me and ended up rolling over the embankment and almost ended up in the freeway. I stopped, she was shaken, but okay. Cops asked me what happened, I told them straight up she was stupid and trying to follow me at my speed (too fast) around the corner, he looked at her car, looked at me, shook his head, and thanked me for stopping lol.

I used to live in the suburbs of Chicago (Joliet). It was winter, snowing and night time and I was going up this corkscrew interchange and this lady flew off the side of the other direction and into the dip in the middle. She had to have been really going fast because she hit the ground about 15 feet down and threw dirt, gravel and snow/ice onto my car and the road in front of me. I looked for a place to stop and see if she was ok but there was no shoulder and I had a big rig behind me. I just called 911 and hoped she was ok. I caught a glimpse of her face before she launched off the road and she looked terrified. I still think about that from time to time and that was like 10 years ago. Scary stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I saw a kind of similar accident to op's a few years back... On the BQE just about to enter the verrezano bridge going towards staten island a ford explorer in front of me scrapes along the middle divider, turns into it, bounces off and cuts across 3 lanes of traffic and spins out magically not hitting anyone around it

About a year ago my girlfriend changed lanes in front of another girl while approaching a red light and the girl was not pleased. The girl went to het out her car when they stopped at the light but she must have accidentally put the car in reverse instead of park. The girl opens the door and when she steps out, the car begins rolling backwards and the open door knocks her over... The car with no one in it reverses (somehow not hitting any cars around it) and stops when it hits a carb. The girl runs to her car, gets in and pulls away like nothing hqppened

I dont know if thats an "accident" but Im pissed we dont have that on tape

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Walked a 350z twice on the highway a couple of days ago. Kinda surprised considering its a lot lighter and bigger engine than mine but who's complaining. I know, csb

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Walked a 350z twice on the highway a couple of days ago. Kinda surprised considering its a lot lighter and bigger engine than mine but who's complaining. I know, csb
350z shouldn't be any lighter, the z cars are fairly hefty. And unless it was a 08+, it won't have the HR motor which is the only one rated for over 300 crank, the others are around 280 IIRC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
350z shouldn't be any lighter, the z cars are fairly hefty. And unless it was a 08+, it won't have the HR motor which is the only one rated for over 300 crank, the others are around 280 IIRC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ah just looked it up and its a tad lighter than the R. Thought it would be a lot more since it's such a small car. And the 08 is rated at 306/268. I could tell he had intake and exhaust at the very least so I assume he was tuned as well. Just was surprised since that was actually my first highway run and I immediately pulled a bus on him before I shifted

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

Ah just looked it up and its a tad lighter than the R. Thought it would be a lot more since it's such a small car. And the 08 is rated at 306/268. I could tell he had intake and exhaust at the very least so I assume he was tuned as well. Just was surprised since that was actually my first highway run and I immediately pulled a bus on him before I shifted

I have a GTI, but I've run 3 separate 350's (being stage 2), and none have been close.

I came across an S2000 yesterday, both of us turned left, him behind me, as soon as we get onto the new road he moved into the other lane and opened it up, fucking walked past me like I was standing still. He shifted when he passed me, heard that BOV, knew I was toast. Gave him a peace sign at the next light, he nodded and gave one back...got fucking rekt son!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Considering now that I have a cheap DD I use for commuting to/from work, I park the GTI in the garage. Other day, decided to drive it to work just because. On the way home, I was driving along, minding my business while talking to one of my buddies on the phone. Looked in the side mirror and noticed a MK7 GTI speeding up fast to my left lane. Idiot pulled about 2 car lengths behind me (on the other lane) and does a ricer flyby, going about 70+ in a 45mph zone. Right after he passes me, an unmarked Impala turns on his blue lights and pulls him over. INSTANT IDIOT KARMA

Nice way to show off his whackass stock GTI........AND end up getting pulled over. haha

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Considering now that I have a cheap DD I use for commuting to/from work, I park the GTI in the garage. Other day, decided to drive it to work just because. On the way home, I was driving along, minding my business while talking to one of my buddies on the phone. Looked in the side mirror and noticed a MK7 GTI speeding up fast to my left lane. Idiot pulled about 2 car lengths behind me (on the other lane) and does a ricer flyby, going about 70+ in a 45mph zone. Right after he passes me, an unmarked Impala turns on his blue lights and pulls him over. INSTANT IDIOT KARMA

Nice way to show off his whackass stock GTI........AND end up getting pulled over. haha

love seeing karma in action. seems like the mk7 guys around here do the same crap. I smoked one and then he did a ricer flyby... :thumbdown:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
love seeing karma in action. seems like the mk7 guys around here do the same crap. I smoked one and then he did a ricer flyby... :thumbdown:

I drive a mk7 and I don't drive like a bimmer douche, atleast around other drivers. But I have noticed other mk7 drivers drive like D-Bag's, even on highway when I driving my work buddy (whose lot older than me), I had one mk7 started riding my ass egging on me to race, mind you, I was driving already 10 over the speed limit and there aren't other cars next to me, therefore he could've passed when he wanted. He flew by and drive all the way to 90 mph, in Virginia anything over 80 is automatically reckless.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I drive a mk7 and I don't drive like a bimmer douche, atleast around other drivers. But I have noticed other mk7 drivers drive like D-Bag's, even on highway when I driving my work buddy (whose lot older than me), I had one mk7 started riding my ass egging on me to race, mind you, I was driving already 10 over the speed limit and there aren't other cars next to me, therefore he could've passed when he wanted. He flew by and drive all the way to 90 mph, in Virginia anything over 80 is automatically reckless.

I'm not bashing MK7's at all. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I just find it funny some people think their cars are so much better just because it's newer. I can see if his was modified and whatnot...but it's buttnaked stock. Plus, it was a 6-lane street with pedestrians jaywalking and cars pulling in and out of traffic. He's lucky his ass didn't hit anyone.