GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 MK6 vs. stock R32 vs. stock 335i

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yep...

the lack of knowledge about other cars, and no consideration for shitty drivers or guys "not trying" in their cars worth 2x as much as ours, is just too funny in this sub-forum. A stage II GTI can beat anything, mang!!! LOL.. good grief, it just gets ridiculous in here.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
I don't see how more expensive = faster.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had your "PNR=past notable rides" list on your door, so you don't feel ashamed being seen in a cheap ass GTI.

Sorry had to say it :thumbsup:

:threadjacked:

post edited to deliver teh LOLZ

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hp and torque is objective - something you can't dispute with regard to fact.

"breathing better" is subjective, something you can't necessarily prove to someone else unless its also supported by facts, such as increased hp and tq, to which we know is a fairly minimal increase on stage 2 compared to stage 1 tune and intake upgrade.

Use logic in your arguments, it goes a long way.

As for expense - i didn't mean in relation to performance, I meant in relation to guys with $40K+ cars who do not want to A. wreck their car racing you, or B. get a speeding ticket while racing you. Many of those guys (at least in the US) don't necessarily "street race" and if they do, it lasts about 2 seconds. Most vette owners here don't even drive AT the fucking speed limit, lol.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Damn you are fast.

Well it's probably different in the US then, everyone who is into cars would race you here, no matter what car they drive, i had a guy in a recent style M3 try to race me before lol, but he probably didn't know much about cars, i am sure.

I wouldn't run anyone unless the give a sign or something and if someone is toying you it should be pretty obvious!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^
I don't see how more expensive = faster.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had your "PNR=past notable rides" list on your door, so you don't feel ashamed being seen in a cheap ass GTI.

Sorry had to say it :thumbsup:

:threadjacked:

post edited to deliver teh LOLZ

Haha, yeah man, that's hysterical.... Wow. Nice edit, lolz yourself..

I'm not ashamed at all of the GTI, but I am aware of this thing called 'reality'. As for the past rides, I love cars and I love talking about them and giving advice on purchasing, etc. Every car has pros and cons, its not just about speed and it says something that I'm back in a GTI and love it actually, when I could be in other 'more expensive' or 'faster' cars.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I tried to imagine it and i though it would be amusing haha

honetsly, i don't think i would be pleased with a GTI after driving these cars, specially, i am sure you didn't keep them stock, but everyone have their reasons.

heck i think i will be very picky choosing my next car after being spoiled by a tuned GTI.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, I'm fast, hah...and yeah, driving is definitely different here than elsewhere in the world.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I tried to imagine it and i though it would be amusing haha

honetsly, i don't think i would be pleased with a GTI after driving these cars, specially, i am sure you didn't keep them stock, but everyone have their reasons.

Yep, I'm almost 31, two young kids, 40+ mile commute every day, and I try to hit the road course a handful of times a year, so for me, the GTI does it all and does a great job at it.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
That makes sense, i hope my future wife will help me enjoy my hobby and let me go through some nice cars.

Now all you need is stage 2 tune and you have yourself a rocket hatchback.

:scared0016:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Haha, we'll see! I don't want it much louder than it is right now. And yeah, the wife is typically pretty cool, which will help when I go shopping for an Elise, S2K, SLK55 AMG, or Cayman S in a few years ;)

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Haha, we'll see! I don't want it much louder than it is right now. And yeah, the wife is typically pretty cool, which will help when I go shopping for an Elise, S2K, SLK55 AMG, or Cayman S in a few years ;)

why in the world would you throw an s2k into that list...that just blew my mind, might as well add a mazdaspeed miata in there too

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
why in the world would you throw an s2k into that list...that just blew my mind, might as well add a mazdaspeed miata in there too

Easy:
Most likely the most reliable of the group
Cheap
Handles well

But most likely it will be the Elise, which has a Toyota engine.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The S2K is a GREAT car, not only does it drive on rails and so affordable, but it looks stunning with some wheels and a drop.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Easy:
Most likely the most reliable of the group
Cheap
Handles well

But most likely it will be the Elise, which has a Toyota engine.

yeah i know all that...it doesn't fit in with that group though...s2ks are a whole lot cheaper than a gti...every other one of those is quite a bit more expensive

personally down the road i would look at a 135 with the n55, but thats me haha

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm talking strictly as a summer / possible track car in addition to keeping the GTI ;)
I'm also talking about buying used, so that makes a diff too.