GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Haha, the 1z cleaner is on the way. I'll report back after I get a chance to clean out the system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
it should work.

If you want to help prevent it you could trying running the heat after using the AC for a long time... the problem seems to be condensation in the vents letting mold grow... so if the vents get warmed up to stop the condensation or to dry it out it should prevent the growth.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Dropped it off Wednesday and still havr not diagnosed the car. Im pissed!
Yeah they got some explaining to do.
Hope you remembered your mileage on drop off. Make sure they're not joy riding it.
Bro, few years ago my dad's mk4 gli vr6 went in for strut mounts they needed to "order". Few days later, we fet the car back and cel comes on. Take it back to the dealer.Two days later, we get a call that the motor was blown and needed a new motor. We didn't take it there initially blown. Hmmmm...

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Its funny you guys mention that. I dropped it off at jack daniels vw in fair lawn, nj. And i believe the service manager has a stage 3 gti. Im going to call another dealer tomorrow and see if i can take it there becaise this is taking way to long.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah they got some explaining to do.

Bro, few years ago my dad's mk4 gli vr6 went in for strut mounts they needed to "order". Few days later, we fet the car back and cel comes on. Take it back to the dealer.Two days later, we get a call that the motor was blown and needed a new motor. We didn't take it there initially blown. Hmmmm...

Good times. That's how a CEL showed up on mine after an intake manifold was replaced by warranty. They cost me so much damn money to have some fucktard sit on his ass clearing the code, having the code come back, and blaming my tune... it was the MAF sensor.... it was covered in oil from my new air filter which was replaced the day before I got the warranty work done. Think they did some "test" pulls? They also told me MAF cleaner wouldn't fix it and that I would have to pay them to replace it $450. Did MAF cleaner for $20 IIRC, and it's worked fine for over 20k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Would one of you guys/gals be kind enough to send a picture of their dsg vagcom coding so I can see how mine needs to be so my launch control can engage. Thanks in advance

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Would one of you guys/gals be kind enough to send a picture of their dsg vagcom coding so I can see how mine needs to be so my launch control can engage. Thanks in advance

hey make sure you save youre original long coding. They are specific to the box code on the ecu, if someone else gives you a code that doesn't work with your box code you're going to be in trouble.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
hey make sure you save youre original long coding. They are specific to the box code on the ecu, if someone else gives you a code that doesn't work with your box code you're going to be in trouble.

Ok gotcha. Thank you

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Running a CTS catted downpipe and looking to pass inspection.

2 years ago I installed an RAI spacer with the middle sized insert and it set readiness/ passed inspection no problem. For some reason, last year, it didn't work, and threw a cel.

Between then and now I've had some of the exhaust leaks fixed and found a washer that was missing from the o2 spacer the last time I used it (when it did not work and threw a cel). Am also wondering if my cat stopped working (exhaust definitely smells stronger then it used to).

Any tips for using this spacer correctly? I don't know what I'm doing wrong & really don't feel like swapping downpipes for inspection. Why would it not be working all of a sudden? Is it possible that the exhaust leaks disrupted exhaust flow enough to tip off the oxygen sensors?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I plan on buying wheels that has the center bore of 66.6 w/ hub rings to make that makes it 57.1. I'm also rocking 15mm spacers all around on OEM wheels, would that cause any issues after installation?

Roctre

Ready to race!
I plan on buying wheels that has the center bore of 66.6 w/ hub rings to make that makes it 57.1. I'm also rocking 15mm spacers all around on OEM wheels, would that cause any issues after installation?

What are the other specs of the wheels your are looking at buying?