GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door EEPROM Reprogramming - Possible w/o Dealer Intervention?

koctnk

Good time of day,

I recently installed auto-folding mirrors (#becauseeuro) and have been trying since then to figure out how to enable folding from the fob / unfolding with ignition on/door open. Upon searching forums of our overseas friends, I was able to see that they have found a solution by reprogramming the EEPROM of the front door modules to enable this option with cracked versions (not cool) of VAS / ODIS, the official software for vag cars, kind of like VCDS. It's a hexadecimal code, 8 bits in binary, each responsible for some function on the door.

So here are the questions:
1. After searching through VCDS, I figured it isn't possible to do that through that particular software, is it?
2. If not possible, and maybe someone who is a knowledgeable vw mechanic or worked with one closely could answer that, would a vw dealer be willing to assist in reprogramming the module to enable that option?

Not hoping for an answer, but maybe someone here knows

Thanks

:icon_secta:

koctnk

...Upon further researching the topic, I am finding the need for a Security Access code for the Door Module Controller in VCDS. Does anybody have access to ElsaWeb, perhaps? Mind looking up what it might be? 2013 4dr GTI. I'd imagine the codes are the same for many of our cars, so this way we can save the hassle for others in the future. :thumbsup:

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
You could try asking the same question in the VSCD thread and see if someone there has come across your issue. I do know that people have made threads about adding folding mirrors to American GTIs, so I guess someone out there must have figured out the programming.

fgawly

About to be a Golf owner
VCDS does not access EEPROM or let you manipulate hex code. There are other tools which let you do so like Vag-tacho for your instruments and Vag commender. These tools let you access the EEPROM, change mileage on cluster, retrieve SKC "Secret Key Code" which let you program new keys, or adapt a used ECU or Instruments for your car.

However, I find enough documentation for these tools on older models and I still can't find if these tools can our mk6

drift_boy

Passed Driver's Ed
VCDS does not access EEPROM or let you manipulate hex code. There are other tools which let you do so like Vag-tacho for your instruments and Vag commender. These tools let you access the EEPROM, change mileage on cluster, retrieve SKC "Secret Key Code" which let you program new keys, or adapt a used ECU or Instruments for your car.

However, I find enough documentation for these tools on older models and I still can't find if these tools can our mk6

Any website that i can buy these tools from buddy ? am also on a mk6 platform :(

zrickety

The Fixer
It's my understanding that when you need new keys the dealer computer communicates with Germany to get the SKC (secret key code) and it's all hidden by software. They can't give it to you even if they wanted to. I have heard that Vag Tacho can hack the instrument cluster for SKC, but I don't know how reliable that is. You should be able to change the door module coding with VCDS, I think it's similar to how the lights are coded but you need to know what hexadecimal the module will accept.

drift_boy

Passed Driver's Ed
It's my understanding that when you need new keys the dealer computer communicates with Germany to get the SKC (secret key code) and it's all hidden by software. They can't give it to you even if they wanted to. I have heard that Vag Tacho can hack the instrument cluster for SKC, but I don't know how reliable that is. You should be able to change the door module coding with VCDS, I think it's similar to how the lights are coded but you need to know what hexadecimal the module will accept.

Im just seeking help if anyhow know how to code for the mk6 gti platform to retract the wing mirrors upon holding the lock button :eek: