GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delivery Times

concentriq

Placed an order couple of days ago (Feb 24), because dealer could not locate the exact config I was looking for. He told me they generally see them getting delivered in 2 to 3 months, most likely closer to 2 months. reading some of the posts here, I see that it might take up to 6 months. is it so? have I been lied to? Any help is appreciated.

config is:
2 door manual
united gray
autobahn
nav
bi-xenon headlights
18" detroit
mat kit

Much thanks.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered mine as well (25th). Was told it would take no more than 3 months. First dealership I went to said it would take approximately 5 months.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Could be part of a tactic to get you to buy one off their lot... just a thought

D3rk01

Ready to race!
My order was placed for my GTI on Jan 29th and as of right now, the car is/was built this week and should be on it's way to me Monday. Should arrive at port here in the US between March 12-20 depending on what boat it gets on. Then probably like a week or two till it gets to the dealer. So just about 2 months for me.

I think it all depends on what allocations the dealers get and that depends on how well their sales are and the the region. Plus whether they are even giving allocations for that car model.

Go here to read up on some info and even ask for help.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4397743

ForkInBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
Placed an order couple of days ago (Feb 24), because dealer could not locate the exact config I was looking for. He told me they generally see them getting delivered in 2 to 3 months, most likely closer to 2 months. reading some of the posts here, I see that it might take up to 6 months.

I'm in Washington State and VW's schedule was 3 months from "production stock" to delivery. 2 months to get to port in Houston, a week or so in Houston, and another 3 weeks to get to WA (by rail!). I've heard others say the Houston->Seattle trip has been shorter lately.

What the dealer must estimate is how long it'll take their order get to production stock. Once it hits production stock (i.e. factory scheduled to be built), the time to delivery is fairly predictable.

Geofux

Ready to race!
Mine's in production stock currently and was marked as sold around the 10th. I've been given the timeline of 3 months from now... estimated week of May 17th specifically. Whatever your salesperson tells you is probably based off the website (I have my printout). If it's a sold order it will also be 'rushed'. I was told it rarely takes the full 6 months for ordering a car...

toady

Passed Driver's Ed
Long wait...

So, it really does look like 2-3 months.. good! thanks to you all for replies..

But it will be well worth it. It's always nice to have a new car for the summer, everything feels fresh, new and exciting. Gives you time for a clear bra and snow tires if you're so inclined.

elbles

Passed Driver's Ed
Just as another data point, I ordered my GTI February 6th, and the dealer called me exactly 10 days later to let me know mine had entered production, and that their estimated delivery date was around April 21st. Can't wait...

concentriq

If anyone is interested: I called VW Credit on an unrelated issue around beginning of april, and they told me my car is scheduled for delivery week of may 24th. My car was at the dealership on May 4th actually.