GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got the APR

rm5

Wow this car drives sweeeeeeet I think the car is perfect now just tried it with the 93 setup. does the 91 drive a lot different? not that I want to put 91 in it but just curious and how much HP do you loose?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Been loving mine for a little over a week now! Now, if only I had the tires to handle the new power...

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
Arin,
Are you guys @ APR actively working on the process that would enable MKVI GTIs to be port-flashed? If so, any idea as to when this might become available?

Thanks,
Kevin

ThunderPig

Ready to race!
I talked with Chris @ APR when I had mine flashed. He told me that for 2010 GTI Vw changed the ECU to stop companies from Flashing them. So the current solution is that the first time it is flashed it must be removed but after that it can be port flahed. If your dealer reflashes your ECU it would have to be removed again the one time. He explain that there are conections on the ECU that are not available at the OBDII port so it must be removed to get access.

It sounded reasonable and correct to me. I took it also that every company will have to do the same thing untill someone figures some thing better.

I talked with Chris @ APR when I had mine flashed. He told me that for 2010 GTI Vw changed the ECU to stop companies from Flashing them. So the current solution is that the first time it is flashed it must be removed but after that it can be port flahed. If your dealer reflashes your ECU it would have to be removed again the one time. He explain that there are conections on the ECU that are not available at the OBDII port so it must be removed to get access.

It sounded reasonable and correct to me. I took it also that every company will have to do the same thing untill someone figures some thing better.

I just got Stage I tonight as well. And yes, there are box codes (4 of them apparently) so there's just no way around cracking open the ECU for the initial burn. And I mean opening it literally. Guys reported that sometimes it goes really smoothly and quick and it's burned in an hour. And then you have mine :p Arin, I apparently had the first "B" board to hit NGP but it hiccuped at the very end of the first burn (naturally) so they had to do it again - thankfully worked the second time and loaded completely. Major props to those guys - they had to stay a little past closing to get it finished but didn't whine at all.

Getting out of Aberdeen, it's a very good idea to stay around the speed limit (30 mph) until you get back on 95. Let's just say the Harford County cops are very familiar with the boys at NGP and have written more than a few $175 tickets to over enthuiastic APR customers who decide to check out the full capabilities immediately. Once on the ramp, I promptly nailed it and was kind of surprised I didn't get instant propulsion to warp 8. Oh, it was smooth and with better throttle response than stock. Then I hit 3,800 rpm or so and hello boost. It wasn't the "someone just lit a Saturn V main booster rocket" hit that you get from a MS3 but my car now means serious business from 4K up. In any gear, not just 3rd like the MS3. It really does feel MUCH better than stock. It sounds better than stock and I didn't realize I had the throttle lag on my 2010 until I got the flash done. I am completely happy so far. :thumbsup:

it wasnt the transformation I expected either but I am satisfied.

Honestly, I swear it's getting faster. I know they say the software has to adapt somewhat and it really DID feel faster day 2. Still very happy with it. Car should have come this way from the factory!

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Should take around 1-2 weeks to settle in fully and be super sexy :D

rm5

Dealer told me it opens up fully after a bit of driving. so I guess it's wait for it.....wait for it.......:D
I just think it was definitely worth getting:thumbup:

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Are any of you guys that are getting APR'ed driving DSG's? Im curious how DSG responds to the new tune.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Are any of you guys that are getting APR'ed driving DSG's? Im curious how DSG responds to the new tune.

I am! The DSG seems to be holding up perfectly. I've been flashed for about 1500 miles so far. Shifts are still quick and precise, and to my surprise, downshifts are a lot smoother than the stock program.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
My shop (which tunes a LOT of GTIs and VW's) said the DSG is just fine with up to stage2 (at least on the mkv) - but that a big turbo replacement would be pushing it. They tend to be pretty dead on, so I wouldn't worry about tuning on the DSG.

Remember nearly the same transmission gets used on R32s, which put out a lot more power.