GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Tires

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Did some track time with these tires today and for cheap tires they are quite good in the dry (can't speak for them in adverse conditions tho).

Call these guy: Discount Tires and Auto Glass, 13-2899 Steeles Ave W North York. 416-650-0025.
Cheers

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I checked out some online reviews of these from North American drivers, but always better to hear from someone who's driving your car and isn't trying to get pageviews or likes.

How were the sidewalls...soft...average...stiff? What size tires/rims were you running on track?

Where did these ship from and what was your all in price?

Cheers!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
"get pageviews or likes" what"s that?

Lol I don't think many like me here, just an old guy having fun playing/tinkering with his son's car.

We decided to install the Kinforests because they are as cheap as sh!t, we can kill 'em.

We used the stock 195-65-15 size Kinforest, they are V rated, the side walls are stiffer than the cracked up Michelin defenders that were on the car. Handling is very lively at speed, Turn-in is good, a bit better than the Michelin or like the Conti Pure Contacts. The tires performed better than I ever thought Chinese Tires could and at a track that you feel that you are aways turning.
http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/track/

We basically killed the 15 inch Michelins running hot laps chasing after BMW and Subies at Roebling Road track near Savanah GA, so we needed to replace them.

Everyone has different feel and drivin style, so what works for me and my Son may not be to your liking. I have the suspension setup how I like it for 15 inch tires, near neutral but has a bit of safe understeer. Setup wise nothing to write home about: F/R 34/38psi, 27mm Hotchkis rear bar set on the softest setting, 1.5 neg rear camber with a slight bit rear toe out. Be smooth whenever the ESP or whaever VW calls it, comes on it slows you down, so don't go too stiff with the rear bar.

Cheers

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info.

I run 17's and prefer a stiff sidewall for cornering and steering input. I run Bridgestone Potenzas....and love the sidewalls stiffness, but, they are in their last summer. They also retail for something stupid like $800 - $900 in a 17 depending on time of year and rebates etc.

I don't track, but, I do however appreciate the car's somewhat athletic abilities and it's chassis responsiveness.

So Simply is a US vendor...did you pick up in GA or ship to Canada?

lol pageviews and likes - I was referring to clickbait sponsored content that glosses over details and paints a very rosy picture of its reviewed product. I also watched that Gentlman Racer review of the Kinforest tires in the Canyons.

I dunno....I think you're single-handedly responsible for bringing the 2.5 thread back to life lol. I read through that section a few times a week.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the info.

I run 17's and prefer a stiff sidewall for cornering and steering input. I run Bridgestone Potenzas....and love the sidewalls stiffness, but, they are in their last summer. They also retail for something stupid like $800 - $900 in a 17 depending on time of year and rebates etc.

I don't track, but, I do however appreciate the car's somewhat athletic abilities and it's chassis responsiveness.

So Simply is a US vendor...did you pick up in GA or ship to Canada?

lol pageviews and likes - I was referring to clickbait sponsored content that glosses over details and paints a very rosy picture of its reviewed product. I also watched that Gentlman Racer review of the Kinforest tires in the Canyons.

I dunno....I think you're single-handedly responsible for bringing the 2.5 thread back to life lol. I read through that section a few times a week.
Thanks... I think?

The tires are great for the price in any size that's why I posted, I bought them in the US as I have US$ but you can get then in Canada as well. I was skeptical at first, but after driving with them, they grip as hard as anyone would ever need on the street and the price can't be beat. Plus they have a nice tread pattern and nobody would ever know they were discount tires unless they looked at the name on the sidewall.

Call these guy: Discount Tires and Auto Glass, 13-2899 Steeles Ave W North York. 416-650-0025.

One of my Porsche Buddies just picked up a set 18s from them, for his Boxster for $500CA all in. The philosophy is still the same drive them like you sole it and then some and don't worry about the wear as they are cheap as Sh!t !

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Cheers!

I just bookmarked that info and will likely pick these up in the fall when I do the switch over to my winter set-up - so i'll be good to go in the spring.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
NP

Wheels Direct at Sheppard and McCown in Scarborough has a trailer load of Falkens as well, they are the importer.

At that time, they may want to unload before winter as well but most likely price won't be as cheap as the Kinforests.

scsikid

Passed Driver's Ed
I can attest my new michelin super sports are not the greatest for cornering. Kinforests were all sold out at the time. I'd honestly say give them a shot, I've only read good reviews thus far.