GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recall: 2.5L Golf

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
Just got back from my 5K maintenance and my SA mentioned a recall for the 2010 Golf. Asked what it was about, and he just said that it was a reflash. No other details. Did a quick search here and on Vortex and didn't find anything. My Google-Fu is strong yet I can't find any info on it. :iono: Figured I'd just mention it here so those with base golfs are aware of the recall and so those who are chipped know before they bring their car in.

Then again there probably a grand total of three 2.5L owners on here including myself. So this post may not matter much anyhow. :D

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
Just got back from my 5K maintenance and my SA mentioned a recall for the 2010 Golf. Asked what it was about, and he just said that it was a reflash. No other details. Did a quick search here and on Vortex and didn't find anything. My Google-Fu is strong yet I can't find any info on it. :iono: Figured I'd just mention it here so those with base golfs are aware of the recall and so those who are chipped know before they bring their car in.

Then again there probably a grand total of three 2.5L owners on here including myself. So this post may not matter much anyhow. :D

So far the only flash, more like full image push, is to fix the tire pressure sensor issue. The tire pressue sensor light goes off on the dash, but your tires are not low. It is a software fix. If you have it done, and have a thrird party flash done, it will need to be redone.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
TPMS is controlled by the BCM, not the ECM, so a reflash of APR/GIAC/etc is NOT needed. They never touch the ECM for that. Already had it done to my BCM without any issues on the APR tune.

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
On the work order it does list "Reflash ECM per recall". So it looks like it was the ECM that was flashed. The code they listed is "97942599". Searching that turned up a thread over on VWV that doesn't say much. I'd forgotten about the TPMS issues. Maybe that's it then. :)

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
It's not the ECM. I've had it done. The workorders are printed by the service writers, who usually know a tad bit more about cars than your average homeless hobo. My service writer told me I needed an ECM flash for a TSB for the emissions. Turned out it was only a sticker (which they had mentioned at a prior appointment) that is in the engine compartment.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
It's not the ECM. I've had it done. The workorders are printed by the service writers, who usually know a tad bit more about cars than your average homeless hobo. My service writer told me I needed an ECM flash for a TSB for the emissions. Turned out it was only a sticker (which they had mentioned at a prior appointment) that is in the engine compartment.

Yes, the sticker was another one ofthe TSB's as well. I think, also a screw was put in under the dash drivers side.

tzd

Ready to race!
I just came back from service today. Here's what they did (attached image). It's a flash for TPMS, although I never had any problem with the TPMS before. I hope this flash does not screw things up.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 150

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
They flashed your BCM. The only thing that you'll notice is no errant TPMS warning lights.