GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

advice on upgrades for my 2010 gti

I have a pretty much stock gti 2010 all i have is a straight catback and getting a cts catless downpipe soon , i want to know if anyone can give me some advice on a good route to uprgrading my car such as what to do to it for performance. Please help!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I have a pretty much stock gti 2010 all i have is a straight catback and getting a cts catless downpipe soon , i want to know if anyone can give me some advice on a good route to uprgrading my car such as what to do to it for performance. Please help!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

theres a ton of info on these forums, search a bit and you can find hours of reading material. I've been around the block on here a bunch of times, I went full retard with my car, if I could do it over again, the mods that give you the best bang for your buck are

stage 2 tune, skip the cold air intake, it does nothing but add noise.

hpa puck dogbone mount.

larger intercooler

good summer tires

Jared32

Ready to race!
theres a ton of info on these forums, search a bit and you can find hours of reading material. I've been around the block on here a bunch of times, I went full retard with my car, if I could do it over again, the mods that give you the best bang for your buck are

hpa puck dogbone mount.

larger intercooler

good summer tires

No down pipe?

Sent from my distracter to yours...

Jared32

Ready to race!
definitely get a downpipe, op suggested he was already doing that so I didn't comment on it.

Oh yea my bad didn't see that then...

Sent from my distracter to yours...

handisnacks

Ready to race!
What I did and the order I did it in on my recently purchased 2010 (so far, after a month of ownership):

1. Neuspeed P-Flo intake (CARB approved for strict CA emissions testing)
2. Audi R8 coilpacks
3. NGK platinum spark plugs
4. Unitronic Stage 1 Tune (16psi boost, still able to pass CA smog fine)
5. A-spec turbo outlet pipe and throttle body pipe (removal of stupid noise pipe)
6. GFB DV+ (upgraded diverter valve)

Coming soon:
7. Vogtland SHS suspension (1.5" drop)
8. New rims
9. Downpipe with a 400 cell cat (because I don't like smells) - I'm also not going Stage 2 because of strict CA emissions testing. I'll just swap downpipes and keep stage 1. The downpipe itself will give you a good boost of power regardless of stage or oem tune.
10. Depo Headlights
11. LED Tails

Last edited:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I'm more for taking turns harder.

I'll be the black sheep of the forum and suggest starting with the brakes and suspension before exhaust.

Upgrade your pads to Hawks Streets, get some nice grippy summers, coilovers, motor mount, and mild sways. Not only will this make your car handle better, but the coils will compliment a lower and more aggressive stance too. The MK6 looks even nicer when you eliminate the wheel stock gap. :)

Then you can do all those power modifications!

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

hpa puck dogbone mount.

larger intercooler

good summer tires
But the noise id awesome from the intake lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited: