GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ttrs track pads

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
HP+ have a lower temperature range than the OP's Yellowstuff, so I'm not sure that's the best advice. If anything, he was probably just getting into the higher friction range and engaging the ABS without realizing it.

He is just starting out, HP+ pads will be fine all around. I have driven the crap out of them (R brakes all around) on my similar car (K04) back to back sessions at AAA Speedway Roval with zero fade at any point. Its not bad advice it is my personal experience. Reading charts is of value but you are assuming that operating range is going to be exceeded. To date I have been unable to. If he is really that hard on the brakes, he can move up but I doubt he will need it running all season tires on the track.

As for the pad transfer causing shuddering, I have had personal experience with that as well, especially when changing pad compounds initially.

Also not pooping on EBC yellow, I just recommended what I know has worked for me. Couldn't speak to EBC yellow but they seem close to HP+. One has higher friction/less pedal effort and the other has higher operating temp but they are not very far apart.